Nashville jobs?

I am recently certified and my license application is pending, and maybe it's just the time of the year, but I am having a difficult time finding openings. Nashville PAs, how did you find your jobs? How long did you search? I am on Indeed and CareerBuilder and also TNPA and physician assistant job board. Slim pickings! I also looking in Chattanooga...

• 4 weeks later...

I also had a hard time finding my first job in Nashville. I moved here from Virginia for my last rotation (my husband had been transferred) and aside from the PA and MD at the small practice I was at, didn't know anyone in the area. I searched endlessly on line, made cold calls, and hand delivered dozens of copies of my CV. It was exhausting. I lost a couple opportunities to practices who didn't want to wait for my license to be finalized and a few others to NPs (certain large health networks around here prefer them, which is frustrating in its own right) I graduated on May 21 and finally started an urgent care job on October 3rd. Not ideal but it was a paycheck and a couple months later I got a call for the ED job that I'm in now, three years later, at a Level II trauma center, certified heart and stroke center. I know you're probably wondering when the advice is coming, and unfortunately I don't have the key resource for finding a job here, but I can say I understand first hand how difficult it can be and just want to encourage you to keep trying and something will fall into place. Even if you end up starting in something that's not your dream job, do it, because it is always easier finding a job when you have a job. I would recommend looking at Craigslist if you aren't already but with caution. There are legitimate jobs on there (I got the urgent care job from there and interviewed for a neurosurgery job and pretty sure my ER job had been listed on there at one point) but there are also listings for really shady practices as well. Feel free to private message me if you'd like. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. 

• 2 years later...

Not to resurrect the dead, but do you have any leads on an EM job in Nashville? I am in the process of my job search and Nashville is very appealing to me. I will have a 1 year EM fellowship under my belt before starting my next job, but no other experience.

Archived