First Summer Quarter in Seattle...!?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be right around the end of June, as various people have mentioned. 

The graduate apartments are quite nice, and they usually also open up some dorms for the people who are coming from other sites, etc. All of those options are pretty close to where you are going, which is the Health Sciences Building right on Pacific and 15th Avenue (OK, one block over, but you get the picture). Many of my friends in the Seattle class stayed on in the Commodore Duchess apartments, which are one bedroom apartments with a small kitchen. 

EMSGuy is right, take our advice seriously and wear walking shoes on the first day. And don't bring heavy books in your backpack. You will be doing A LOT of walking. 

There is a suitable online version of the A&P book, too, if that's your style, but I would not recommend going all digital in future quarters if you're a book learner, as the pathology book and the adult medicine book are quite challenging in online version. 

Do take everyone's advice and try not to study too much before you get in. It's a crazy whirlwind of a program, especially summer session. You're going to need your wits about you when you start out. 

Hey congrats Kim, I got the call too! @irishnozzlehead81, I'd be up for getting together with anyone that cares too.  I'm at the Tacoma campus as well and my wife and I hope to be moving out there by April but that'll probably be more dependent upon her finding a PA job..... any ideas of where she should look would be much appreciated.  She has an interest in cardiology.

Matt

Myself and the other first years will probably still be around seattle when you guys start, so perhaps we can all get together if that would be useful.

I've been wanting to improve the connection / close the gap a little between the first and second year students and maybe this is a way to open some connections.

Just an idea, let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just talking with a PA who went through MEDEX about 5 years ago and he was saying that during the summer quarter there's a week of micro. He suggested that if I've never taken it to study up on it a little. I was wondering if there's a required book for micro in the summer quarter and if not, would reading "Microbiology for Dummies" be a bad idea?

Thanks in advance.

does anyone know when we get an actual time line for the course? Also, if anyone has a bit of time, take a look at the medex class of 2016 Facebook page, there is a great deal on pance prep. I know it's a bit premature, but this will give you a forever subscription rather than a yearly, and right now it's half off, so about 24 bucks =)

Not sure if anyone has ordered their equipement yet.  Steeles.com beats Amazon on several items.  I have a nice Welch Allen otoscope that I use in my office.  I have used cheaper versions but notice a big difference.  Steeles.com has some good deals on the oto/opthalmascopes.

Hey everyone!  Have you all had to pay your deposits yet?  I figure that deadline will be when they know whether they can offer any seats to those on the waitlist.  If that deadline has passed, then I will be a little more sure about whether I still have a shot at making it in.  I don't even know if they are going to update those of us on the waitlist with a "not this year letter"?  <sigh>  Not the most stress-free experience!

April~~

Hi everyone,

I just received this from Stephanie at MEDEX this morning:  

"Summer quarter is expected to start on June 29th, so you should begin to plan to be in Seattle at that time. Additional information about housing and A&P will be coming in a supplemental mailing that we are sending out this week. I would keep an eye out for it early next week."

Hope this is helpful :)

Archived