karebear12892

Francis Marion University - Florence, SC NEW program in 2016?

I got called about an interview for the first weekend in March! how did the other interviews go??

I was under the impression that they had finished interviewing. They must have recently decided to add another date. Congratulations! 

I got a call last week for an interview for March 4 but most likely will be declining as I have been accepted elsewhere. I didn't apply until November so everyone keep your hopes up!

• Upvote 1

I didn't think they were doing any more either..hopefully those who interviewed will hear something soon! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Those of you who interviewed on March 4th - have you heard back yet? Anyone from the wait list receive any updates? According to their website, the ARC-PA meeting is taking place March 10th-12th, so FMU should hear back very soon about their accreditation status. 

I got accepted! Did they definitely get their accreditation?  I didn't have time to ask about it on the phone because I was at work.

• Upvote 2

I GOT IN!!!! I am soooo excited! Just in case anyone is interested...My application verified in the middle of September, my interview was in December, and I did not hear back until April 5th about my acceptance due to the pending accreditation review.

Is there an acceptance group on FB??

• Upvote 1

I got my acceptance phone call yesterday as well! Can't wait to meet everyone! If there is a Facebook group, I'd love to be added :) YAY I'm so excited! 

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I received an acceptance phone call two days ago as well! Can't wait to meet you guys! :)

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By chloepilgrim
      Hi There,
      I am in the process of a career switch and I was wondering what everyone thought my chances are of getting into a PA program.
      I graduated undergrad with a BA in psychology and a BS in neuroscience. In undergrad, I tutored Biology for a year. 
      My cumulative GPA was 3.5 and science GPA is 3.1 (I got C's organic chemistry + lab, and biochemistry + lab)
      I thought I wanted to become a researcher and so I entered a Neuroscience PhD program. Though after a year I decided I wanted to pursue a clinical route (research is too lonely) and switched into a Pharmacology Masters Program. I graduated with a graduate GPA of 3.2 and have taken classes such as physiology, gross anatomy (cadaver dissection) lotssss of pharmacology classes, neuroscience/psychology courses, and a very intense Neurology course alongside medical students.
      I also graduated with 5.5 years of research experience and a thesis that is *hopefully* going to be published.
      I am currently a medical assistant and plan on doing about 3000 patient contact hours before applying to PA school. I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into a PA program even though my graduate GPA is quite low and my undergraduate science GPA is also low.
      Thanks
    • By sacharle
      There is an awesome organization called ThePAC (Physician Assistants of Color) that holds diversity events in multiple cities across the U.S. The next one will be in Detroit, Michigan on September 28, 2019. The event is a great opportunity for all three levels of the profession! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thepac-takes-detroit-tickets-70091765357
      Pre-PAs get to talk directly to program directors from the local/surrounding region (this event will have 7), and get specific advice about their application profile from programs directly as well as experienced PA students and PA-Cs. 
      PA-S  and PA-C get to fraternize and network with each other as well as tap into resources such as job recruiters, financial advisors, and transition to practice information. 
      There are always lots of giveaways such as medical equipment, PANCE/PANRE prep, discounts on scrub companies, and more. 
      This event is open to any and everyone no matter the race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc. 
      If you cannot attend this event, give them a follow on IG @thepa.c or FB 'Physician Assistants of Color' so you can get notified of when the next event/location will be. 

• By jennnrenaeee
      How long does it take the schools to recieve the GRE scores after you’ve taken the test?
    • By madisonc
      Hey! Thought I would start a thread for this upcoming cycle. Submitted my application and verified yesterday so hoping to hear back soon. Good luck to everyone!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More