This may seem really dumb, but I'm wondering about the physics prereq requirement.  The Red Rocks web site says "Physics (math-based)."  Isn't it always math-based...but sometimes algebra and sometimes calculus?  I specifically asked whether the Intro to Physics class at Metro would fulfull the requirement, and the answer I received was "yes, as long as it's math based." 

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Hello

I  know that some Universities offer a conceptual physics class (sometimes referred to as "Physics for Poets"). I think this is what they are trying to say when they say it must be Maths based. 

I'm at Metro and took College Physics I (Algebra based). It wasn't too bad a class but I did have to brush up on algebra.

Good Luck

Edit - EMED beat me to it :-)

I enjoyed the physics lectures - working on problems was fun and the concepts weren't too difficult to grasp but applying the right equation to fit the problem was the key. In the lab though the TA had it in for us Algebra folks because we weren't up to the rigor of her Calculus based class...still an enjoyable semester and I sometimes wish I had gone on to do College Physics II. Instead I went into Chemistry - O-Chem followed by Biochem - both of which I really enjoyed.

Archived