2015 Accepted Students!

Hey I just wanted to start the accepted thread for the class starting 2015! I know most of the offers should be going out within the next two weeks or so. Where is everyone from? Will you be accepting the admission offer? I just put my deposit in last week and can't wait:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as housing goes, it is pretty tight and expensive around GW. Many of the Class of 2016 live in Northern Virginia near metro (train) stops. Life is easier if you live relatively near a metro station. A map of these can be found at wmata.com.

I've lived and worked in DC on multiple occasions. I've lived on Capitol Hill and out in Bethesda. If you aren't in a position to live in the area of the campus, proximity to a Metro station is highly desirable. The Metro bus system is also good, but didn't run as frequently as trains in my experience.

FYI, I'll be relocating from Texas (DFW area).

Ali

How far in advance were you able to find housing dcbrown and jcastro?

I have been living on an Army base south of DC for a couple of years, so I never had to search. But one place you can check is in the house/apartment rental magazines outside most METRO stations. They list price ranges, amenities, nearby public transportation access, etc. I will grab one next time I see one and I can post the website (if the magazine has one) or I can mail you a copy.

I found a place on craigslist while I was house hunting in late April early May.  It was sheer blind luck.  I would start looking sooner than that.  I was hip deep in boxes and sleeping on an air mattress through the first week of school due to a logistical issue with the movers getting my stuff in from NC. 

Give yourself time to get up here find a place and get yourself settled in before school starts, because after orientation on day 1, it is off to the races. They don't mess around.  I would add a week to whatever timeline you currently have as a buffer because house hunting took longer than I thought.  It is far better to sit around for an few extra days and catch up on whatever TV or projects you have been putting off than to have to juggle school while putting a house together.  

Any place within biking/walking distance to a metro station or school is a moneymaker, and you should use that to help narrow down neighborhoods to look for a place. (As I am sure the student panel during the interview told you.)  Hope that helps.

I've been accepted, and I'm very excited to meet you all. The only issue is, I'm a dual-er, so I'm technically in the class of 2018. Do I still join this group? So confusing.

The dualers who joined with us were with us for the first week or two before they began their own class schedule, but they take 1 or 2 classes each semester with us. They are in our facebook group and also have their own facebook group. Congratulations on the acceptance!

Congratulations to All!! I am so over the moon to have the chance to be a PA student at GW !!!

I cannot wait to meet everyone.

With the holidays coming, my family has offered to help me with getting a new MAC or PC for school. Does anyone know what most students in the program use and what is compatible or best ?? Many thanks

Congratulations to you! Students in our class use every model under the sun. I use an ASUS transformer, which is convenient as I have a pretty long commute, but there are plenty of macs, tablets, you name it. There are benefits to having a mac (easier note taking with evernote) and pc (2x speed listening to online lectures). Really it comes down to your preference.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived