Finding a job

Ok, so I am told that I will have a job or an offer before I finish school. Am I to expect to get a job from one of my clinicals? I am living and going to school in NYC, but want to leave when I finish school. Will I have to take it upon myself to make a lot of trips upstate to find work (or sending out my resume) or will there be some actual offers and options from outside of nyc?

You'll need to send your CV to places that are looking to hire or that you would like to work. If a clinic or hospital has no exposure to you, they're not really likely to call you up out of the blue and say, "Hey, we want to hire you." You probably have created a CV as part of your didactic year - just send that to clinics/hospitals that look interesting or are known for hiring PAs. You should also send a cover letter stating who you are, what position you're applying for, and why you'll be a good fit in their clinic. You can reference your clinical rotations/evaluations brieflyin the cover letter.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

Archived