Accepted class of 2017

Just wanted to start a thread for those of us who have been accepted to Arcadia and plan on attending this upcoming May! There doesn't seem to be a Facebook group or anything started yet so I figured people could use this thread for the time being to get to know some of their future classmates and also ask any questions that other students may be able to help them out with. 

For instance- I'll be moving completely across the country to the Philly area to attend the Glenside campus and would love some suggestions on where to live. My husband is going to be working in downtown Philly so it would be best to find a good midpoint between the city and campus- so any and advice anyone has on neighborhoods would be great!! Also any suggestions on what neighborhoods to avoid at all costs would be helpful as well 

Can't wait to meet everyone and congrats to all those who have been accepted so far!

Hey all! My name is George Duffield, you can call me George or Duff or whatever you'd like. My wife and I live in Shiloh, NJ, and I'll be commuting to the DE campus, right next to Christiana hospital. I can't offer much assistance to people looking for places in DE or PA, but I could be of some help with places in South Jersey, right over the Delaware Memorial Bridge (affectionately referred to as the Del Mem Br), and is a half-hour drive from there to Christiana. My wife is a nurse and works at Wilmington hospital (where I also currently work, but will terminate in January in preparation for school). I'm super-excited to start school with you all and I sincerely wish everybody the best in the coming months with preparation and life in general!\

Let me know if you have any questions, this is all so very great!

My name is Joel, and I'll be coming in from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to attend the PA program at the Delaware campus.  I actually interviewed with you Duff and was the person who recognized you from the forums while we were sitting in on the class.  Has anyone else who has been accepted recieved any additional information about the program or deadlines yet?  I haven't heard anything since submitting my deposit and letter of intent.

Hey Joel! Yeah man, I remember! Awesome, glad to hear you got in!

I'm in the same boat as you, I emailed them after the deposit and they said not to worry and that they'll be in contact soon. I'm assuming they're gonna enjoy the holidays and then contact us regarding the criminal background checks and the second deposit is due by April 1st! Don't be a fool! Hahaha

Hey everyone! My name is Anuja which alot of people shorten to Nooj. I've been accepted to the Glenside campus. I am from Mumbai, India and I've been in Philly for about 2 years now and live in University City area close to Drexel (where I just finished my masters). Super excited to start in May! 

Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I will be attending the Glenside campus.  I am from Harrisburg,PA, but currently living in New jersey.  I am looking for a roomate or a few to live with during the program.  If anyone else is looking for a roomate let me know !!  I look forward to meeting everyone in the spring!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Avia! I have been accepted to the Delaware campus. I'm from Baltimore MD. As of right now I'm a commuter but may possibly move to help with academics/study time for the first year! Can't wait to meet everyone in the spring. Happy Holidays:)

congratulations!

when did you interview? and how did they let you know you were accepted?

If anyone headed to the Delaware campus is looking for a roommate feel free to contact me.  I know the current students as well as others in these forums highly recommended the Rockwood Apartments.  Rent in the 3 bedroom unit was really pretty reasonable.

If anyone headed to the Delaware campus is looking for a roommate feel free to contact me. I know the current students as well as others in these forums highly recommended the Rockwood Apartments. Rent in the 3 bedroom unit was really pretty reasonable.

Hey man I just got accepted to the Delaware campus as well and I'm trying to figure out what I'll do for housing. I'm willing to split an apt with you and/or another person if that's okay.

Hey guys!!!! My name is Rebecca and I will also be attending the Delaware campus!!! I only live 45 minutes from the campus so I was planning on going and looking around at housing. I am also looking to have 1-2 roommates. If anyone is interested let me know!! Can't wait to meet everyone :)

Congratulations! JoelT and I may need one person to be our third if you're interested. It would be extremely helpful to have someone like you who can vet the apts in person.

Hello Everyone!
I'm Lindsay! I was accepted to Delaware Campus as well! I'm from Pennsylvania, so I'll be moving down to Delaware this spring after I finish undergrad. Has anyone gotten any concrete dates for orientation and the beginning of classes? I've read that classes usually start the Thursday before Memorial Day, but I was curious if anyone had confirmed dates. I am also looking for roommates and was hoping the Facebook page would be up to meet some classmates. I've researched some of the apartments online and liked Rockwood as well. I can't wait to meet you all soon. Happy Holidays!

Hey guys,
I'm Shaina and i was accepted to the Delaware campus. I am currently doing my undergrad in Pennsylvania and will be moving to Delaware after that's complete.  I haven't heard anything about orientation dates yet. Guess we will find out after Christmas time!

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Kaitlan and I will be attending the Glenside campus next May! I will be moving from Michigan so if anyone has any suggestions on apartments or anything please let me know :) Cant wait to meet all of you! 

Hey, Kaitlan!! I'm from Michigan as well and will be joining the Glenside class! I'm also looking at apartments and possible roommates if anyone is interested!!

Hey everyone,

My name is Elliot and I was accepted into Arcadia's Glenside program for this May. I will be making a trip to Glenside this month to look at apartments and would love to hear any recommendations as well. I'm also looking for roommates so please feel free to contact me.

As far as when we will hear from Arcadia, I was told that we will be given a welcome letter near the end of January which will include information regarding the background check, as well as the Med. Term. book that we can get (The Language of Medicine, latest edition)  to help study for the Med. Term. test, and other information like that. 

Anyways, can't wait to get started and I look forward to meeting everyone! 

Good morning everyone! I've been accepted to Arcadia DE as well, and am very excited to start in May. I'm from Northern NJ and took a little road trip last month to check out apartments in the area.. Rockwood Apts are awesome, and only 10-15minutes from campus, and there are some other apt complexes in the area that seem just as nice, too. I'm definitely looking for 1-2 roommates come spring, anyone interested? Also, is there a facebook group for class of 2017 yet?

Archived