2014 Application Cycle (Class of 2018)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mvs 1, I will also be there Friday morning! I am a returning applicant. Last year I did my interview Saturday morning, but this time I just want to finish it early! Good luck to everyone again! :) 

To those that haven't heard, they come out in waves (last year they did) so there's still time. 

Congrats to those who have already been accepted and committed to another program, you have officially started your journey :D!

Prerequisite GPA and Qualifying GPA both in line with stats for EVMS accepted applicants.

BS Microbiology

MS Geological Engineering

HCE: a tad under 4K hrs as a radiology tech

Research: approximately 2 years of microbiology lab tech experience

Man! I hope I get an interview. I think I nailed the academics. 

3.71 Science
3.84 Prereqs
3.76 Replacement GPA

What may hurt me is that my clinical experience was 3000 hours and it is non-traditional. Direct Care for the developmentally disabled. Which was for all intents is a CNA with many RN tasks. But my current field isn't medical. 

I think I'll do yoga now to relax. GAH!

For anyone who interviewed last year, what can we expect?

I've been fortunate enough to communicate with a couple of re-applicants and current students ...

The interview last year was relaxed and laid back. Candidates interacted with both faculty and current students. It was a half day process and included a tour of the facilities, 2 x one-on-one interviews, and a group interview ... no written tests or essays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi all! Has anyone else received an interview email? I know they come out in waves but I've been anxiously checking my email every hour like a crazy person!

SAME! I haven't gotten an email yet but I'm praying that I will! I figured the next round of interviews would probably be coming out early this week right? Since they went out last Tuesday morning and then apparently they were given 72 hours to respond, I'm assuming the admissions committee would take today and maybe tomorrow to meet and reevaluate who to send interviews out to next? I may have this completely wrong haha but just taking a guess on how the process works

SAME! I haven't gotten an email yet but I'm praying that I will! I figured the next round of interviews would probably be coming out early this week right? Since they went out last Tuesday morning and then apparently they were given 72 hours to respond, I'm assuming the admissions committee would take today and maybe tomorrow to meet and reevaluate who to send interviews out to next? I may have this completely wrong haha but just taking a guess on how the process works

If the last couple years are any indication, the second round will go out tomorrow. 

Hi all! Has anyone else received an interview email? I know they come out in waves but I've been anxiously checking my email every hour like a crazy person!

LOL! I've been checking email and this page all day. Likely tomorrow as well. 

I hope all of you get invitations tomorrow. 

And if not, I wish you peace of mind. 

Hey everyone! Congratulations to those who received interviews. Your stats are very impressive. You all deserve a seat! Best of luck to you! I have not heard anything yet. I am starting to accept it's probably not in the cards for me this year. Maybe next cycle.

Archived