2014 Application Cycle (Class of 2018)

I also interviewed on the 17th. I know impatience is not attractive, but I'm tapping my toes here. Wondering if I need to tell the other PA school that I won't be attending! If I don't hear from EVMS soon (like by Sunday), I'll have to move to Florida to attend the other school which starts Aug 17th. EVMS is first choice! (Any ears to the ground out there???)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I know it must be hard to wait it out. Normally, it takes us about 4 weeks from interviews to determine who will be in our class. This year we are slightly ahead of the game. So, you should know your status in the next couple of days.

Your status will either be ACCEPTED (nearly all who have been accepted already know this status... sorry), WAITLIST status (we activated the waitlist several times last year, so don't lose hope), or DECLINED status.

If you are either waitlisted or declined, you can seek some advice from our enrollment staff about what you could do to improve your chances for re-application. PLEASE wait until September to reach out to Rose or Cathy in enrollment to learn how to improve your application. Several other programs matriculate here in the next week or so and they will be too busy with enrollments to respond.

Thanks to all for your patience and your interest in EVMS.

Dr. Parish

Guest sleepylady

Wait list email... Is there a way to find out our position on the wait list? Or does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NovemberRain
We compute the replacement gpa (last 40 hours) for everyone, but use the better gpa of:
1. actual undergrad gpa
2. completed graduate degree gpa
3. replacement gpa

Although we compute it for everyone, we only compute it once, when you apply. So it may not reflect courses completed after you apply.

ALSO

We are on track to receive 2300 applications this year. So, it will take a while to review them all.
Since the current cycle is for the class that will enter the program in January 2017 (grad class of 2019), we will review applications until early May 2016, send invitations for interviews in early June 2016, and interviews are July 15, 16, and 18, 2016, and offers of seats in the class go out in early August.

So, unfortunately there is a long wait. As long as you have completed the supplemental application (no charge) it asks you to identify how you completed our prerequisites. Once you complete the supplemental (without being too creative about what qualifies for the prerequisite courses) you should be fairly reassured that your application will be reviewed.

Competitive applicants have a qualifying gpa (see previous note) of 3.6 or better, A grades in most prerequisites, and 2 or more years of healthcare experience.

Hope that helps!

ALSO

We are on track to receive 2300 applications this year. So, it will take a while to review them all.

Since the current cycle is for the class that will enter the program in January 2017 (grad class of 2019), we will review applications until early May 2016, send invitations for interviews in early June 2016, and interviews are July 15, 16, and 18, 2016, and offers of seats in the class go out in early August.

So, unfortunately there is a long wait. As long as you have completed the supplemental application (no charge) it asks you to identify how you completed our prerequisites. Once you complete the supplemental (without being too creative about what qualifies for the prerequisite courses) you should be fairly reassured that your application will be reviewed.

Competitive applicants have a qualifying gpa (see previous note) of 3.6 or better, A grades in most prerequisites, and 2 or more years of healthcare experience.

Hope that helps!

Do you take the higher grades of retaken prerequisites (for prerequisite gpa), rather than averaging them? Or do you only do this if it was within the last 40 hours?

example: Grade of C in Chemistry freshman year, retake class and get A junior year, but this was 60 credits ago

Sorry if that is a confusing question.

Kmelore,

For prerequisite GPA calculation, EVMS uses the higher grade of retaken classes. For the example you listed, they would use the chem class from your junior year to calculate the prereq GPA.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Ummph

I appreciate your reply. Hopefully my highest gpa of 3.5-3.6 will be considered competitive.

Also, do veterinary hours count towards any experience hours as I know some schools accept them ? Are they taken into consideration?

I was a medical assistant for almost 2 years and have a lot of shadowing hours so not worried about that aspect, but I have a lot of vet hours too and didn't know if those would help as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived