Acceptance Stats

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!! I am planning on applying this cycle as well!! I will graduate from the University of Montana in the fall of 2011. I am going to apply this summer once the summer session courses are completed. I have ~3.7 GPA . I am a Psychology major. I have an AAS degree in Cardiac Ultrasound.

HCE Experience/Volunteer : ( as of July 2011 when I apply)

1000 HCE as a cardiac ultrasound tech intern (while in school)

150 hours paid HCE as a cardiac ultrasound tech (PRN job in Hamilton, MT)

276 hours of HCE as a health department intern at the Missoula Indian Center

1.5 years volunteering as a Youth Leader for my church youth group

30 Hours of PA job shadowing

Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honors Society

Thats all I can think of as of now. :) I will be applying with 3 pre-reqs still in progress though. I will be taking Calc, a Microbiology Lab, and A&P II in the Fall of 2011, hopefully that won't hurt my chances. Being from Missoula I would LOVE to stay in the state. This is the only school I am going to apply to this cycle.

What about you?? Are you from MT?

I will be graduating from North Dakota State University in Fargo this May. After I graduate I plan on moving back home, which is northwest MN in the middle of nowhere lol. I have ~3.6 gpa with a major in Biotechnology and a minor in Chemistry. I took the GRE and got an 1100 with a 4.0 in the writing, I plan on retaking it though to see if I can get a higher score. HCE Experience as of mid-August when I apply will be about 1100 hours, I have about 1000 hours of volunteering, and will have about 50 hours shadowing PAs. I also plan on applying to schools in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Dakota areas besides Rocky Mountain

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am applying to USD but I don't meet the 3 years clinical experience in one's current licensure requirement for UND so I won't be applying there. It makes me mad because I live about 45 minutes away from that school and having a CNA doesn't count for clinical experience.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm interviewing this friday. They had my application for several months before I got the invite so dont worry too much. I'll let you all know how it goes. Sounds like its a full day with personal interview, group interview, current student meetings, sitting in on a class, and hopefully lots of other helpful information. Wish me luck!

• 1 month later...

SO I got rejected this cycle. Margia said they are not counting HCE hours that are not paid. I did not know that or I would have waited to apply! About 1000 of my 1500 hours were intern/non-paid as an ultrasound tech. Soooo it looks like I will be re-applying asap in April with the next cycle opens when I have more PAID HCE hours. Good luck to all!!!

Archived