FT/PT

Part-Time

Waldorf

City

Waldorf

State

Maryland

Description

Pain and Wellness Center of Maryland is looking for a part-time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.

http://www.pwcentermd.com

EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)

• Interested and ability to perform successfully in a pain management office
  • Performs complete physical exams, obtains complete medical histories, and records findings.
  • Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
  • Orders (and, as appropriate, performs) appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
  • Determines preliminary diagnoses and therapeutic plans by obtaining, interpreting and integrating data.
  • Posts tests and examination results as appropriate.
  • Must be able to perform or be trained to do EMG/NCS, musculoskeletal and joint injections
  • Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments, educates patients/family regarding health and illness prevention, and recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
  • Assists physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
  • Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
  • Triages family telephone calls and provides consultation.

Requirements

EDUCATION: Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant program.

EXPERIENCE: No experience required, physician willing to train the right person but clinical experience always preferable.

CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Current Advanced Practical Nurse certification or current Physician Assistant certification. 

Please send all resumes to info@pwcentermd.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pahopeful46
      Hello!
      I was just offered a job as a new grad in psych at a private practice outpatient clinic in the Houston, Tx area. My hours would be 9-6 or (10-6 with no lunch break) Tuesday - Friday and a possible Saturday shift from 9-1 which I am clarifying now as to if this is set in stone or not since it was unclear. They told me I would be shadowing the first two weeks and then after that I will slowly see my own patients while consulting with the doc after each patient. They currently have one NP who they hired as a new grad and trained.
      Salary: I told them I was looking for 100k since that is the average for a new grad in Texas and they offered me this breakdown: 92k for years 1-2, 102k for years 3-4, and 113k for years 5-6. Then, a bonus set up like this: starting at 6 months, a quarterly bonus at 65% patient occupancy is a 1k bonus quarterly, at 75% patient occupancy a 1750 bonus quarterly and at 90% occupancy and greater a 3k bonus quarterly. The bonus seems okay but I have no idea how to gauge this since idk if I will even be hitting these numbers as a new grad. They told me the NP currently sees follow ups in 15 min slots or 4 an hour with a break after to chart and that new pt visits are 1 hour. They told me my follow ups would be set for 30 minutes instead of 15 since I am new.
      CME: 1500
      PTO: 7 days first year (this seems very low to me and was also not broken down into CME or sick days so now I have no idea if I even get CME days so that will be in my email back with questions)
      Malpractice coverage and 401k with 5% match effective after first year. It was also unclear if the 401k is not effective at ALL until the first year or if just the matching so I will be asking this as well. Need to ask if this includes tail coverage?
      Overall, I am happy to have a job offer but wondering if this is a good one. I would like to counter with a base salary of 96-97 possibly since a 1k bonus for three quarters in my first year would put me at the average new grad salary in Texas of 100k. Does this seem unreasonable? I also really don't like how the salary is already structured for the next 6 years and how I do not get a yearly raise to match inflation even. Is this common? What do you all think I should include in my counter? Overall, is this a good offer and would you take it as a new grad? Is it a bad idea for me to counter? Please help!! Thank you!
      Edit to add: they do not offer health insurance if this makes a difference. Thank you!
    • By vkbrba
      Please help me make a complete list of Pros and Cons of being a PA vs Physician.

Pros___________________________________
      Physician Assistant:
      Shorter School Less expensive Work Life Balance Lateral movement in career Doctor:
      Greater Pay More Autonomy Cons__________________________________
      Physician Assistant:
      Lower Pay Less Autonomy Doctor: 
      Longer Training (residency) Limited to one medical specialty   

• By edr22
      Hello! I have had a really hard time finding shadowing opportunities in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, especially because of COVID restrictions. I'd appreciate the opportunity to gain experience by shadowing a PA or MD. Any specialty.
      Thanks!
    • By taylor123
      So I am applying for this cycle and I previously entered my job in experiences as current. after submitting the application I had to quit this job because it was a terrible work environment. However, it is in CASPA as current so idk what to do. I also got a new job but it doesn't start for another week and I was going to submit my apps this weekend so i am not sure how to go about this. Also is it better to apply sooner with less PCE or later with more PCE???
    • By Yasuo
      Should I go back to Medical school AFTER becoming a PA?

Specialties interested in: Internal or Emergency Medicine

Here are my personal thoughts:

I don't like to disparage my profession, but the way we learned medicine was through memorization of algorithms and buzz words. We were not taught the basics of science from a molecular level working upwards. We basically skipped step 1 and went straight into step 2 clinical knowledge. Doctors can see and understand things we cannot. And make connections that we cannot. I think this is what I am craving for. To be that kind of an “expert.” To understand medicine at that level and solve complex cases. I think the funny stereotypical word for this is “mental masturbation” or “intellectually stimulating” haha. I have the personality type of being the best in whatever I do. I feel limited in that sense as a PA.

Financially, I would say I am kind of lucky. I wouldn’t normally tell this to people, but just to give you guys an idea of my situation. I actually don’t have any loans or interests at the moment after PA school. I paid out of pocket. But I was given some personal loans from close families and friends. I do have to pay them back eventually, but there is no time limit. And they would understand if I decide to pursue medical school. I would still have to take the MCAT, apply, do interviews, and then start the following year (this could take 2-3 years; here I could work as a full time PA and save money for medical school). The medical schools in my state are $100k for 4 years. Which is not bad compared to the crazy $200-400k type of other medical schools.

For family life, wouldn’t it still be possible to have? Instead of working 8 hours a day, I would be studying or going to lectures. And then spend time with my family. Especially since I am not a typical pre-med student. I will be entering with a stronger background knowledge from PA school. However I do understand that the residency years will take a huge toll on my work/life balance for 3 years. (My mom or future wife would still have an income during the 4 years of medical school).

But at the end of it all, won’t I truly be knowledgeable in a field of medicine, from basics to advanced. With the reward of earning a higher income and becoming a doctor (not what I’m going for, but still a benefit). I will be done around age 35 and can work 30 more years until 65. Won’t the money gain as a doctor in that time cover any expenses I had? And then be able to teach the next generation as well, confidently. I have a desire to teach as a professor at PA or MD/DO programs. And precept as well.

This is my current thought process, BUT if you guys think that I am delusional or crazy, please call me out on it! Give me reasons why staying as a PA from age 26 will be better for my life in the long-run. And to not make the mistake of going to medical school for 7 years, with unnecessary stress. I want to hear both sides and arguments really well.

How different is the autonomy in internal or emergency medicine between PA and MD/DO? Can I learn step 1 on my own while working as a PA, and be just as knowledgeable and happy? Or is the in-depth training of medical schools and residencies unmatched? And no amount of clinical experience as a PA can ever replace that? (I have my own thoughts of course since I have done clinical rotations, I just want to hear from what you guys think).

***Here are some more of my thoughts that I just private messaged someone:***
      Thank you so much for replying, I really need guidance in my life. I am confused and don't know WHAT path is actually WORTH taking.
      I love medicine. I have grown super passionate about it. I also love academia. I watch a lot of medical school vlogs and wish I went through the rigorous schooling like they did. PA school felt like a joke to me. It was mainly memorizing buzz words, without understanding the "why's". 
      Now, I know I can learn the why's using third party resources on my own - like sketchymedical, boards and beyond, pathoma, premade anki decks, etc. However, if I am going to do that, why not do it through medical school and get rewarded with prestige, money, and autonomy? 
      But that does come with its cons - such as a losing lost income as a PA, family time, and basically life. For 7 years. 
      I am interested in Internal medicine (hospitalist) or Emergency Medicine. What I want to really know is if there is a huge difference in autonomy, day-to-day job/tasks, etc. Because if it's 90% of the same job, then I am not sure if 7 years of medical school is worth it for me. I know people recommend PA to MD if you want to go into either surgery or a specialization of some sort. 
      Basically, is 7 years of medical school worth it for me (I am single and 26 years old; I only need the MCAT to most likely get into this DO program in my home city; this way I can be with family and friends and not miss out on life events). It seems like a fun journey to me, something that I would look forward to.
      But there is this other easier, more convenient, and relaxing path - which is to remain as a PA and practice medicine. Earning a six figure salary. Living life. And also studying step 1 material with the resources I mentioned earlier.
      *sigh* Do you see my dilemma here. Like what is the right path for me - in terms of happiness, life, money, etc. 
      If I were to redo my years of schooling, I would 100% choose medical school. But because I finished PA school and am interested in specialties that might not be that different as a doctor, is it worth it? Because I do realize I will have to go through numerous standardized examinations - MCAT, Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 3 CS, and residency boards. Also the stress of interviews, applications (both initial and for residency), research papers, etc.
      Or will I always regret not going back for medical school?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More