has anyone got in with a 2.9 G.P.A

Wow, posted this same question on 4 separate schools! - check out the thread called "applicants stats" it has hundreds of pages which are just waiting to be trolled!

IMHO - GPA is just one factor among MANY, asking solely about someone's GPA is is is like viewing a slide at 300X; you are going to miss out on other very important details which contributed to their acceptance/success! PA schools generally are looking for well rounded students not just one aspect of an applicant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

According to the requirements, technically you only need a "C" or higher in your prerequisite courses. Duke really tries to look at the applicant as a whole- if you have thousands and thousands of patient care experience, awesome essays that explain your GPA, and a great GRE score there may be a possibility of getting an interview. 

However, they need to know that you can handle the course load. If you don't get in your first time I highly recommend taking some more courses to boost your GPA up to at least a 3.0. It will show your dedication, and ability to perform well in school. 

Don't give up, PA school is amazing and worth all of the hard work to get in! Especially Duke :) (ok, I'm biased)

If you need more advice feel free to message me. I apologize in advance if my response is delayed though (PA school is time consuming)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived