Western University 2014\2015 interview cycle g

Im interviewing on the 25th of feb.

woot woot! me too!!

I just received an interview invite today! I have no idea what date to choose. Do you guys think its best to interview early (end of January)? Or late Feb? 

I'm not sure if they wait for all interviews to be completed before they make their decisions!

Congrats!!! idk, i hope they decide after because i chose a late date. Email your admissions counselor, I'm sure they'll tell you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received an interview invite today, I couldn't be more excited!

However, I'm a bit concerned about the admissions process, based on past posts on this forum. I've read that even if you kill the interview, you're still not guaranteed acceptance because the adcom looks at your entire application. I'm a little low on the community service hours (~150), so I'm not sure if I should go into this interview with high hopes :(. Any comments from current students/past interviewees? 

However, I'm a bit concerned about the admissions process, based on past posts on this forum. I've read that even if you kill the interview, you're still not guaranteed acceptance because the adcom looks at your entire application. I'm a little low on the community service hours (~150), so I'm not sure if I should go into this interview with high hopes :(. Any comments from current students/past interviewees? 

Congratulations on the interview invite! I hope it will be a positive experience for you. Your application got you in for the interview; the admissions committee will look at the interview to make their decisions for acceptances as everyone who receives an interview invite is now a blank slate. You have that one chance to make a strong impression during the interview, just be yourself and show that you are passionate about being a future PA!

I know several of my classmates had similar community service hours to yours and were admitted to the program, so it should have no bearing. Best of luck!

Congratulations on the interview invite! I hope it will be a positive experience for you. Your application got you in for the interview; the admissions committee will look at the interview to make their decisions for acceptances as everyone who receives an interview invite is now a blank slate. You have that one chance to make a strong impression during the interview, just be yourself and show that you are passionate about being a future PA!

I know several of my classmates had similar community service hours to yours and were admitted to the program, so it should have no bearing. Best of luck!

Thank you rhwin28! That's very reassuring to hear. 

Yes. I agree with rhwin28. You are now equal with everyone else you will interview with. We can't say much about the interview because of the non-disclosure agreement that you will sign when you arrive but if you blow them away at your interview they might not even need to go back to your application. They will tell you all about it when you get there. They are very welcoming and I did not find the process to be intimidating at all (as some of my other interviews have been). 

Good luck!

Yes. I agree with rhwin28. You are now equal with everyone else you will interview with. We can't say much about the interview because of the non-disclosure agreement that you will sign when you arrive but if you blow them away at your interview they might not even need to go back to your application. They will tell you all about it when you get there. They are very welcoming and I did not find the process to be intimidating at all (as some of my other interviews have been). 

Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

I hope people don't get us confused

Yeah I changed my display name to solve that problem 

Hey yes I got an interview invitation and I am a reapplicant. Last years interview consisted of 4 mini interviews which included basic questions about the profession and behavioral questions. Was anyone able to attend the information session? Any idea of what this years interview will be like? Thank you :)

What do you mean by behavioral questions??  What is everyone doing to prepare for their interview.  Can anyone who has interviewed give some tips on how to prepare?  Or what they did to prepare? Subject matters ie-about Western, the profession, anything else? Looking forward to being a PA soon!  Tanks in advance.

Do you guys know if it matters when you interview? Like do the people who interview earlier on have a better/higher chance of admissions than people who interview at the end in March? I got sick this past weekend and have gotten worst the past few days, so I might have to reschedule my Friday interview. The next interview date available is in early March though..

Do you guys know if it matters when you interview? Like do the people who interview earlier on have a better/higher chance of admissions than people who interview at the end in March? I got sick this past weekend and have gotten worst the past few days, so I might have to reschedule my Friday interview. The next interview date available is in early March though..

For WesternU, interviewing earlier or later does not have an impact on your chances of acceptance. All the acceptances (except for a select few) go out around mid-March via e-mail. Hope you feel better, and best of luck!

Their pance average over the last 5 years is 89% Am i the only one who finds this a bit alarming?

They sort of addressed this during the interview day. Basically, instead of saying that they made a bunch of changes recently to raise their first time pass rate on the PANCE, they said they restructured the way interviews work and the selection method for better student success (or something like that). Honestly, first time PANCE pass is no different than first time USMLE pass rates for medical shchool...the smarter people you accept, the higher your first time pass rates go. This is the reality. My feeling is that they are going to be relying heavily on GPA for acceptances. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived