Completing all Prerequisites before filling out CASPA?

Hi everyone,

I've recently made the decision to pursue PA school.  I am a 4th year Psychology major with 3 years of research experience in cognition and behavioral neuroscience.  However, I need 3 semesters (Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016) to complete my prerequisites.  Does every school require the completion of all prerequisites prior to applying?  Will I need to fill out the CASPA in September 2016 for admission in August 2017?  Or will it be possible to apply to some schools in September 2015 for admission in August 2016?

Thank you,

Metelex

At least some schools want to see a plan for how you will finish your prerequisites before their program starts. Many students apply at many schools before they've finished taking everything. I was enrolled in three classes when I was interviewed and was provisionally accepted, assuming that I passed my last few classes. I had applied earlier still and updated CASPA as I finished them.

I think what's important is that you've established a track record when you apply.

Archived