Spokane Interview 8 Nov, 2014

Hey guys...I'm currently in Spokane Class 18, and have been meaning to get on here...it helped me reading through these when I was applying and interviewing last year!!!  I will be at the interviews bright and early to set up and greet all of you at the doors!!!  Last minute words of advice...get some sleep!!!  It's gonna be a loooooong day, and if you've given it your all tomorrow, you should be exhausted by the end of it all...eat a good breakfast, cause even though MEDEX is giving you lunch, you might be too nervous to even eat at lunch...as in my case last year...well, it was more of I had just gotten my braces and it was still awkward and painful to chew lol...be yourself (yes, cliche, but they can see right through you if you're not being honest), be passionate!!!, enjoy the day, and remember that everyone is going to be nervous...and pat yourself on the back for getting to this point!!!  I was a second-time applicant, and had to keep reminding myself that admissions saw some glimmer, however small, of something in me to even ask me to interview...be confident, but be humble...there's going to be lots of smart, amazing, accomplished individuals in that room, but again, be yourself ;)  Oh, and remember to breathe!!!  Good luck everyone, and see you in the morning!!!  :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone.  I recieved my call on Monday around 11 am as well.  I still feel like this is surreal.  They told me 7-10 before the official confirmation email would come, and another week or so for the snail mail packet.  I think once those are in hand I'll feel like this is actually happening.  Right now it still seems like a crazy, amazing dream.

Congratulations Sara!  This is Stacia (the other Alaskan).  I haven't seen any of the people I interviewed with stop by here.  Maybe they don't have an account.  I interviewed with the most amazing people, I can't imagine that they didn't get a call.

So did anyone take the advice and already order the A&P book listed in the folder handouts?  I did.  It was pretty reasonable on Amazon. 

BMitch I bought the 10th edition.  At the lunch meeting some of the student's mentioned that the books that are required have all gone to the newest editions.  I am not sure if there is much difference between 9th and 10th, but the prices were similar so I went for the 10th.  That is really awesome that the Meet and Greet people are all making it in.  I can't wait to see who else is joining us. 

Bill another book that was recommended (and eventually required) is this one.  I found a "like new" copy for about $30.  I think the program person I talked to said it would be required in Seattle for the remaining A&P or maybe in Fall.  http://www.amazon.com/Study-Without-Stress-Mastering-Surviving/dp/0761916792/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415839374&sr=8-1&keywords=mastering+medical+studies

Maybe Lyn6 or Siskiyoufire know?  I am not sure if I am allowed to ask about upcoming required texts, so if I am not, just ignore that. ;-)

Archived