edoll

2014-2015 Cycle Applicants

I interviewed on April 15th and got a rejection email on April 17th.

A piece of advice for anyone planning to apply or reapply next year... Be careful of what you say during every minute of your interview day. And I mean EVERY MINUTE, regardless of whom you are speaking to.

Deferred your seat...so does that mean you're automatically accepted into the next year's class, or do you mean you simply gave the seat up?

im automatically accepted to the next year class, I had some unique circumstances but it was approved by the faculty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Maylily7
      Hello! I know this post is stereotypical and repetitive and I apologize, but feedback would be very appreciative 🙂 Stats are below, should I apply this cycle? Or wait till next year? I’m currently on my first gap year. 

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA 3.6 bio major with minirs in psych and chem, in 3 national honor societies (psych, bio, chem), academic award in my major, Dean’s list every semester

Presented original research at 2 colleges

By mid march I will have about 1000 PCE hours as an EMT

I also started a per diem HCE job as a patient sitter in the ED. 

GRE is between 295-299 (can’t remember exact number), thinking of retaking

If it helps, during college I have about 120 hours as a volunteer crew member for my school’s EMS unit

If I’m forgetting something, let me know! Again thanks so much, I know how annoying these posts can be sometimes and I appreciate you taking the time to read this 🙂 have an awesome day! 

• By ElleThePAC
      I just moved to NoCal (Silicon Valley) area due to my husband's new job. My attending in Florida contacted his friend at a major university here and got me my dream job. I have five years of pediatric surgery experience and have been told that I am expected to train the other NPs in the group (who all have less than or around one year of experience in the subspecialty). I am less than one week into my job and today I found out that one NP (who has just over one year of experience) is being paid slightly more than me. Apparently this institution counts nursing experience as part of their calculations in salary. She told me what her starting salary was which was about 8k lower than me. She has since received a raise and her salary is now just a hair above mine. Part of this is because she was the only one running the show for awhile so they may have been given a performance bonus of some sort. 
      This was very deflating to me given that I have five years of experience being a provider, have an entire OR skillsket, and have been asked by the NPs to proctor them to first assist only to find out that they are being paid more than me. 
      Anyone else run into these situations in this area? From what I have read on this forum the nursing unions are very strong here in NoCal. Does this apply to NPs as well? When I received my initial offer from HR I asked if there was any room for negotiation and was told no because it was based on a scale for my clinical background. 
    • By ltarke
      Please see attached PDF.  We are a new program in NJ.  We received a $5M gift from an alum and we now have state of the art facilities, over 70 clinical partnerships, and we are accepting 50 students in our first class.  Attend virtually to find out why the College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown NJ is the right choice for you!  
      CSE PA Virtual OH postcard, 1-24-19.pdf
    • By JohnT
      what are my chances for getting accepted to PA school after graduation?
    • By seominky
      Hello! 
      I graduated from MSU with a Human Biology Major in Winter 2015.
      It has been about 3 years since i have graduated. I studied the MCAT and took the test once and did not apply to any med school because of my MCAT score and GPA.
      i have a GPA 3.0 and not sure about my science gpa about 2.7-2.9 
      I just got married this summer and have been rethinking about med school and wanted to go to PA school instead 
      It seems as competitive as med school but it is only 2 years of school. 
      I don't have ANY direct paid health care experience only volunteering and haven't taken the GRE yet 
      I am 25 years old and just need some help/guidance on the path. 
      so my questions are:
      1.) Should i go to graduate school for 2 years and get good grades to make up for my low GPA
      2.) Should i just get as much PCE as i can? and then apply ? 
      if so, which is better? CNA, MA, paramedic, EMT ? 
      3.) Lastly, should get certified to work as a CNA, MA, paramedic or EMT first, and then work while i go to grad school so i can get PCE and boost my GPA? 

i don't know where to start because I'm trying to find the most affordable and less time consuming way to be competitive to get into PA school 😞 

Thank you

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More