2014-2015 Cycle Applicants

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-PA2014,

So far, four people on this thread said they received an acceptance call and I also know one other person who received an acceptance call, so there's five for sure that I know of. Considering there are people that are not going to post in the forum/thread, I'm guessing around 5-10 people received acceptance calls. Maybe 15, but that's a long shot and probably the max. There are a few of us that are still waiting for a decision after interviewing, myself included (I interviewed in the first interview session). I think the committee is going to interview a lot more people to get a feel on the rest of the applicants before giving more offers/seats. Cg02186 also posted that "they've only done two interviews so far so there are still plenty of seats left." Considering there are fifty slots, you have a great chance of getting an interview or acceptance! Hope that helps.

-Kvo

I am also on the wait list. It's absolute torture! I have my fingers crossed for all of us from the 12/12 interview. I'd love to see you all again. It did sound like they were going to do a few more interviews before we hear anything though. Hopefully it's soon!

I am also currently on the wait list from an interview on 12/12 but I'll be making room for someone else. I'm going to pull my name from the list on Monday because I have since interviewed at Emory and have been accepted there. Good luck to everyone!!

Huge congratulations!!! That is awesome, & good luck with the rest of your schooling!

I am also currently on the wait list from an interview on 12/12 but I'll be making room for someone else. I'm going to pull my name from the list on Monday because I have since interviewed at Emory and have been accepted there. Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats!!! Thanks for giving the rest of us who are "wait-listed" a bigger shot, lol.

Also, does anyone know or heard of anyone who got rejected from the interviews? Or is everyone "wait-listed?" Mercer didn't really use the term "wait-listed" or anything. They just said the committee needs more time to review.

Pre-pa22, did you submit your supplemental and send your $25? your application isn't fully complete until that's done. My CASPA was verified, I submitted my supplemental, personally went to the office of admissions to drop off $25 money order. I received an email the next business day that my application was complete and under review by adcom.

Hey!

Guys I've been super nervous about hearing back. I applied in early November and my application was verified on 11/10. I haven't heard a single thing from them-not even that my application was complete. Do you have any information on what I should be expecting?

Thanks!

I was CASPA Verified on 10/28 and my secondary application to Mercer was verifed on 12/1. I got an email from the school telling me my file was complete. They reached out to me in early December with a question about my application and said I would have a decision soon but I never heard anything again. I recently contacted them regarding my application and was told "files are under review on an ongoing basis. We will let you know if you need anything else!"

I was CASPA Verified on 10/28 and my secondary application to Mercer was verifed on 12/1. I got an email from the school telling me my file was complete. They reached out to me in early December with a question about my application and said I would have a decision soon but I never heard anything again. I recently contacted them regarding my application and was told "files are under review on an ongoing basis. We will let you know if you need anything else!"

I emailed them recently about application timelines (since it isn't online) and I got the same response.

Pre-pa22, did you submit your supplemental and send your $25? your application isn't fully complete until that's done. My CASPA was verified, I submitted my supplemental, personally went to the office of admissions to drop off $25 money order. I received an email the next business day that my application was complete and under review by adcom.

I did. I just searched my other email (as I have mulitple) and I did find my "application complete" email. But based off some other people's responses, their response time seems to be inconsistent. I'm an impatient person and I expected it to take some time to respond, but not necessarily this long. 

Dman027,

If the application is open, you can always apply, but keep in mind there is also a supplemental application you are supposed to submit. Depending on how strong your application is, I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste. If your application is stronger than the people that they have interviewed and the rest of the applications they have seen, you'd get an interview. If not, then you won't get one. All schools say it is better to apply early because there is no standard yet and not a large pool of competition, so if your application isn't the strongest, they wouldn't have much to compare to. Only you know how strong you are as an applicant, so if you feel like you aren't ready or your application won't compete, then don't apply. But if you feel as though your application is the bomb, go ahead and submit. Hope that helps!

Dman027,

If the application is open, you can always apply, but keep in mind there is also a supplemental application you are supposed to submit. Depending on how strong your application is, I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste. If your application is stronger than the people that they have interviewed and the rest of the applications they have seen, you'd get an interview. If not, then you won't get one. All schools say it is better to apply early because there is no standard yet and not a large pool of competition, so if your application isn't the strongest, they wouldn't have much to compare to. Only you know how strong you are as an applicant, so if you feel like you aren't ready or your application won't compete, then don't apply. But if you feel as though your application is the bomb, go ahead and submit. Hope that helps!

This is very accurate information. I applied early and my application had its strong points but my GPA is not that high. I did not get an interview. So unless you have stellar scores applying late in the game is no bueno.

Archived