Howard University 2015 Applicants!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really had my heart set on applying but that's just too many classes that I need to add. That really sucks @Ahayes12

If you think about it, it is not really that much. The program allows you to take classes all the way up till the spring before the program officially starts. And i am pretty sure that you could probably knock out the smaller classes like psychology, nutrition, or med term during a winter break. If you want it than it's your for the taking. 

Wonder if they offer African American Studies online somewhere... Who would have thought you would need as a prereq to get into PA school.

So the class is just African American history. Don't get bogged down. I did too when I got the list. I just knew Howard would be a better option logistically for me and my family. You can do it but please apply early if it's where you want to go.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

If you think about it, it is not really that much. The program allows you to take classes all the way up till the spring before the program officially starts. And i am pretty sure that you could probably knock out the smaller classes like psychology, nutrition, or med term during a winter break. If you want it than it's your for the taking.

So when I interviewed I was told you can have up to 12 credits pending completion from prerequisites.

I have:

Gen Chem 1&2

Bio 1&2

Orgo 1&2

Precalculus, Calculus, & Statistics

English Composition(s)

Intro to Sociology

A&P 1 (currently taking)

Intro to Psych (currently taking)

I'm planning to take Microbiology in the Winter and A&P 2 (and possibly Medical Terminology) in the Spring.

I've taken African American Lit in undergrad. Do you think that could possibly fulfill the Af.Am cluster prerequisite?

On the curriculum list, I DON'T have (and am very reluctant to take):

phys ed, intro to philosophy, community health, technical writing, computer technology, and nutrition

Are ALL of these courses really requirements?

@Jovelpa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm applying for the upper division and would like some clarification on the supplemental application. I was told to complete the undergraduate transfer application as the supplemental application. However, only Spring 2016 is available under the dropbox, not Fall 2016. (They said not to fill out Spring 2016 unless I plan on deferring for one year) The PA office said to keep waiting for the Fall 2016 application to open up but it's been almost over 2 months. Can anyone clarify? 

Hi guys,

I'm applying for the upper division and would like some clarification on the supplemental application. I was told to complete the undergraduate transfer application as the supplemental application. However, only Spring 2016 is available under the dropbox, not Fall 2016. (They said not to fill out Spring 2016 unless I plan on deferring for one year) The PA office said to keep waiting for the Fall 2016 application to open up but it's been almost over 2 months. Can anyone clarify?

Ok so things here at Howard move slow... Not to worry. I applied in October and was considered an early applicant. It will be up. I would say apply to as many schools as you can because HU is very selective. There were 30 seats only 20 out of 700 some applicants got in. If you are dead set on Howard, apply around early Oct, and don't lose hope if you don't hear right away. Notice we have one of the longest most expensive programs too. The classes are very well taught but like any PA program it is a fast pace. Pm me for specific questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am looking into submitting an application to Howard, can anyone clarify the maximum number of prerequisites you can have pending at the time you apply? I am a non Howard student so I am missing a few of the courses.

Also, I thought I saw on the website that the Upper Division application cycle does not begin until Nov 1. Is this true or has the cycle already started?

• 3 weeks later...

Got a rejection email yesterday for science GPA being below a 3.0...but my science GPA is not below a 3.0. Emailed them to ask if an error was made. Did this happen to anyone else?

I also received the same email...it had a list of deficiencies and a "x" next to "Greater than 15 hours of prerequisite courses outstanding at the time of application" I think it is a mistake bc I fulfilled all requirements. Check to see what they put an x next to in the email

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I also received the same email...it had a list of deficiencies and a "x" next to "Greater than 15 hours of prerequisite courses outstanding at the time of application" I think it is a mistake bc I fulfilled all requirements. Check to see what they put an x next to in the email

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can you pm me? And did you look at lower division?

Archived