Howard University 2015 Applicants!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everyone. 

I submitted my CASPA application mid August. I didn't hear back from Howard till late September regarding the secondary or common application. I submitted the common application mid-October. However, they said that they wouldn't review my application till i pay the fee for the common application. The common application did not allow me to pay for the fee. I called the office, and they said "its fine we are reviewing your application". 

I recently received an email stating "The Admissions Committee at Howard University, Department of Physician Assistant will attempt to keep you informed as your application transitions thru the review process.

At this time you application has made it thru the screening process, and will now be given a second review. Upon this review it will be determined if you have met all criteria and are eligible for an interview.

If you are still interested in the Masters in Physician Assistant program here at Howard University, you must complete your supplemental (Common Application) before the January 15, 2016 deadline.

Please keep in mind, you will be asked to forward a copy of your Howard University Acceptance Letter before an interview is offered. Interviews will be scheduled in early 2016."

Anyone else received this?

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone,

I am very happy to have found this chat room.

I am intersted in applying into the PA program at Howard University, however the information listed on the web is not helpful enough to me as far as i am concerned.

I am a xray tech/mammographer. I have taken a lot of sciences and math courses which are about or almost expiring. My major concerned is to how to go about my application.

Should i apply into the Lower level first? will some of my credits transfert?

please i will appreciate your advise

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In February I received another email, identical to the first one that I received back in Nov/Dec about the review process and supplemental application (which I already submitted) so I called the program and after being transferred around several times I spoke with a secretary was very short with me just saying that it's not common to receive duplicate emails, the committee is in the process of going through applications that was about it. I haven't heard anything else from them. I just tried to called the phone number listed on the email but there is never an answer so not sure if that is still a valid number.

Jovelpa so you got an interview? Did they email you and if so when was that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I applied for the 2015-16 cycle and I finally got an interview! I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or advice going into it?

Also- I've been wondering about how the interview will be structured. Is it one-on-one? Group on one? Group interview with other prospective students? What is the writing portion like? 

If someone could answer some of these questions I'd really appreciate it!

Archived