Howard University 2015 Applicants!!!!!!

Have you heard anything?

Hey, no I haven't heard anything yet. When I went for interviews they told us it would be a while before we heard anything.  When did you have your interview. I'm hoping they tell us soon, I need to take a couple classes for their program before August. If I don't get accepted then I don't have to rush to take them and can take them in the fall (they are not required at any other school). 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, no I haven't heard anything yet. When I went for interviews they told us it would be a while before we heard anything. When did you have your interview. I'm hoping they tell us soon, I need to take a couple classes for their program before August. If I don't get accepted then I don't have to rush to take them and can take them in the fall (they are not required at any other school).

Mine was March 30

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I applied through CASPA on 10/10/14.  I am a BS in Soc/Spanish translation AS in Science with a concentration in CHEM.  Prerequisite GPA 3.96 hours worked as a CNA 1000+.  I got the first email telling me to file a FAFSA on Dec.  I got an email telling me my app was being reviewed in January.  I was accepted to the school not the program in FEB.  Got my invitation to interview in FEB for March 3 did not hear back till April 4th. I was told 80 get interviews for 30 seats.  In my group there were supposed to be 30 interviewing but only 12 or 13 showed. sorry this is so badly typed but if you got any specific questions you can message me. :)    

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@christ0ph3r thank you for posting that question! My stats look almost identical to your except you have more hce. My MPH will be in epi and biostats so hopefully my 3.7 master level gpa will make up for the 3.1 overall undergrad. I look forward to following your progress!

I have a question in return about the application process. I just submitted my CASPA app and I realize I have to send my GRE and LORs separately but the rest of the info is confusing. Will I receive an email about what to do next because the website for the graduate application doesn't list PA as a graduate degree option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same questions as well. Yes the BA-PA is now a MSPA program. I called the office and they stated that you need to fill out a general application of undergraduate studies for general entrance. The CASPA application is to get into the program. Also, GRE scores are not required for Howard University. Lastly, I suggest to increase your chances of acceptance, just take some undergraduate classes at a community college...this really did boost my undergraduate GPA up alot ever since receiving my MPH also, if your not accepted this year at least you will have a major boost for the coming year. Hope this was helpful. My last key advice is to once you graduate don't stop and be sedentary keep taking science classes until you get in to increase chances.   

@christ0ph3r thank you for posting that question! My stats look almost identical to your except you have more hce. My MPH will be in epi and biostats so hopefully my 3.7 master level gpa will make up for the 3.1 overall undergrad. I look forward to following your progress!

I have a question in return about the application process. I just submitted my CASPA app and I realize I have to send my GRE and LORs separately but the rest of the info is confusing. Will I receive an email about what to do next because the website for the graduate application doesn't list PA as a graduate degree option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived