Hello :)

I am curious to know what your daily/weekly schedule is like during first semester in terms of hours in class per day, average number of exams per week, number of classes taken at a time, etc.

For example, do you have class from 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday? How long is lunch break? Do you ever get off early for extra study time? Do you have exams every week and if so how many?

Thanks so much!

• Upvote 1

Hi! 

For the two year program, for the first semester, classes are Monday through Thursday. Mondays are half days, with class until 12/1-ish depending on which anatomy lab you take, Tuesdays are all day 8-5, Wednesdays are half days also, and Thursdays are all day. There is plenty of time off during the week, in which will be spent self studying! You take 5 classes the first semester. 

For the 3 year program, the 1st semester is basically Monday and Wednesdays, half days. 

There are a lot of exams! Every week usually, but you get used to the fast pace after a couple of weeks. 

Not sure if anyone can respond to this, but I was hoping for a little more information on the schedule for the 2 year program.  Do I understand correctly you have Fridays off?  How many times per month are there "extra" requirements like some sort of clinic visit, etc.?  Are the 2nd and 3rd semester schedules comparable to the 1st? 

Would you say that the required in class time is like having a 9-5 job (obviously disregarding the second full time job of studying)?  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PAjess2020
      Hey does anyone know if you can apply to LIU before you take the GRE?
    • By Car93
      Hello Everyone,
      Is anyone aware of any virtual shadowing opportunities through zoom or any other video platform during this COVID-19 Pandemic?
    • By Njohnson92
      Hey guys,
      I am having a heard time comparing two colleges that I interviewed with here in New York City. Suny Downstate and CUNY york college. SUNY Downstate was put on probation this year- accreditation status will be reviewed again in Sept 2021. I have heard from past students that this program is disorganized and lacks certain resources and that the not passing was not surprising ( my interview was also very disorganized and borderline unprofessional). I have also heard that even if they lose accreditation while I am a student that I will still be able to sit for the PANCE... Hopefully this is true. But despite these facts, I have been wide-eyed for this school for some time, the campus, the hospitals they have access too and the large groups of medical programs this school has- I realllly like. On the other hand, York college which is simialr distance from my house, has similar PANCE rates and tuition as SUNY and is not on probation but the campus seems rundown, small, not in a safe area, no cadaver lab and I just don't have enough information to make it a quick- YES for me or a solid no either. If anyone has graduated from these programs recently (2018- on) has any input, it would be gladly appreciated or if you are also interviewing and have done your research on these schools and have input as well- I would really appreciate it. Looking for bias and nonbias input! Thanks! 
    • By HollywoodHorse
      I am looking for PA to shadowing in the Des Moines, Iowa area and the surrounding metro area. I have been looking for an opportunity for some time and hope to shadow PA's in many different areas of medicine. Currently I work as a CNA and can accommodate my schedule easily to allow whatever works for the PA's schedule in allowing me to shadow them. Please reply to this if you are able to allow a pre-PA student to shadow with you. Thank you very much. 
    • By mclipperton
      Hi Everyone!
      New grad currently negotiating part-time PA position in Family Practice. I've done clinical rotations and scribed at a Family Practice office in NYC and will be working part-time until I start a Residency program in the fall. Trying to figure out what I should expect in a part-time contract if anything in terms of benefits, PTO, CME, etc. Also, trying to discern if it is in my best interest to be a part-time employee or 1099. 
      Thanks in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More