SoCalPA

Sullivan University PA Program

Anyone have info on this program?  Anyone applying this cycle?  Any Sullivan students on this board?  Sure would like a lil more information. 

• Upvote 3

They seem very attentive to applicants, and one of the schools that actually call you to confirm ever detail of your application.  Mary Calhoun is the admissions counselor.  Good up and coming school so far.  There might not be a lot of participation on this thread because it is quite new, and applicants base their decisions on ranks,

Polly, what did the interview process consist of...?

Two individual interviews, and a tour.. Everything took 2 hours at most.

My interview consisted of the the same as polly- two individual interviews and a tour. I agree with Chazilla, as they have been very amazing throughout the whole pre-application and application process.

• Upvote 1

Congrats hwinger!!! How long after the interview did you find out? Did they call, email or mail a printed letter of acceptance?

Hey guys,

I'm currently a student at Sullivan's PA program, we're in the middle of the second quarter, I've been on this forum for some time but usually just for research purposes back when I was applying. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer it~ It might take awhile for me to get back to you guys, but I'll try my best.

PhillyPhanatic and tenjjetnis, can you both help me out? I have been trying to reach current Sullivan students since July, when I got accepted into the program. I have a few other acceptances and have some burning questions to ask you guys to help make my decision on which program to pick. 

You can message me back on here (I literally just signed up so I could post this) or email me (I'll message you my email address). I'm dying to know what the quality of the program is currently like! Do you all feel like you have good support? How are lectures coming along? Do you guys share cadavers with the med students at UofL? If so, do you feel this is adequate? In hindsight, do you regret going to a new program?

I have an interview Nov 24th. I wonder how many people have already been accepted. Can anyone tell me if there is a new building for PA students, sim lab, cadaver lab, etc. I looked on the website but I couldn't find any information. If any current students have any input into the program, I would love to hear it!! PM me or message on here :) Any information is helpful!!

Thanks guys :)

I have an interview Nov 24th. I wonder how many people have already been accepted. Can anyone tell me if there is a new building for PA students, sim lab, cadaver lab, etc. I looked on the website but I couldn't find any information. If any current students have any input into the program, I would love to hear it!! PM me or message on here :) Any information is helpful!!

Thanks guys :)

hey jgaboria,

Congrats on the interview invite!

We utilize the fresh tissue cadaver lab at the U of L medical school. The cadavers are fresh tissue, though we don't have 24 hours or off  hours access to the lab. We are only in our second quarter right now but I do know that we will be using standardized patients sometime next quarter.

We are housed in the college of pharmacy building, the lecture hall, study rooms and examination rooms are all newly renovated and created just for the program.

I think half of the seats are currently filled. For the interview, just be yourself and you should be fine~ :D Remember that you are not only interviewing for a seat but you are also interviewing the program to see if it is right for you. 

Thank you so much, that is really helpful! Are they accepting 25 students again? I'm glad you work with patients in the didactic year. I interviewed at a school that didn't have patient contact in the first year and that was a negative for me.

Do you know if the faculty members are all practicing PAs? I think that is really important to be currently working in the field as well. I chose Sullivan due to the brand new facilities and the cadaver lab is a huge plus for me as well. Thank you so much!

Any idea how many students interview each day? When I got emailed about the interview, I could pick time slots which made me think I was interviewing alone? But I know that can't be right lol

6 people per time slot? Like they offered me 9 am, 1030, 1 pm etc... which seems odd but I just picked the earliest time since I am driving from NY.

Not 10 at a time. When I interviewed there was 3 of us arriving at the same time. We went on a tour then separate interviews. There were at least 2 time slots on my day so I'm guessing 6 people a day. That's a guess.

Hmm, that's interesting. I think 6 people all day. Maybe they've changed their interview format. I'm sure they will still only have you do 2 one-on-one interviews though. There is no group interview...