Interviews 2014-2015 cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed last week and I was accepted after the interview!  It is so great not having to do the waiting game.  This is a great program and the faculty, staff, students are a great team.  So excited!

Congrats! What day did you interview? So nice not having to wait! I am so anxious that I'm going to have a hard time waiting until the end of Feb! Wish my file score was >10.25!! 

Speaking of which, does anyone know when will those of us who are 'in review' find out our scores?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on the website that there are specific requirements as far as computers for the program. Does anyone know if a tablet would be sufficient?

I'm a second year student and you should be fine with a tablet. For the most part, 90% of what you are using it for in class is to look at powerpoints and taking notes if you want.  That being said I know they talked about taking tests on your own computers in the future(we went to the testing center).  Not sure how the test taking would work if you were to do it on a tablet.  Not to say it couldn't be done.

Aleech, Can you tell me how your experience has been at ISU? How hard is it to find housing? If you had to choose again would you choose ISU? Also, Can you explain to me why it is so much more expensive than most other schools? Thanks for your input! Take Care.

Aleech, Can you tell me how your experience has been at ISU? How hard is it to find housing? If you had to choose again would you choose ISU? Also, Can you explain to me why it is so much more expensive than most other schools? Thanks for your input! Take Care.

My experience overall has been good.  It is what you make of it and I'm sure other people might have had a poor experience but I feel those people would have a bad experience anywhere.  I feel prepared for clinicals and I feel I will be prepared for the PANCE. My biggest complaint is in regards to clinical year and some of my credentialing to have access to hospitals while on rotation not being taken care of until the last minute.  Really not a big complaint and also a problem I have heard from MEDEX students that I have met while on rotation(they seem to have the same complaints as we did which makes me think its probably common across most programs).  As for housing I can only speak for Pocatello since that was where I was located.  I don't think finding housing was hard but I did have to search awhile to find what I was looking for, cost is reasonable.  I think it depends what you are looking for and how picky you are.  For cost, I really have no idea. I was out of state tuition the first year and that cost was ridiculous.  I was able to get instate the second year which saved about 21k, still not cheap but better.  If I had to choose it again I would.  The atmosphere is laid back compared to other programs and I liked that. Your family can visit for lunch or throughout the day, there isn't a dress code, etc. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived