Class of 2017 ( Hopefully!)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CASPA GPAs:
Cum Undergrad-3.48
Post Bacc-3.95
GRE: 301 (Verbal and Quantitative together), 4 (Analytical)
Shadowing: 25-40hrs
HCE: 3,320-4,040hrs (paid), 180-204hrs (unpaid)
Volunteer Hours: 246-260hrs
Health Certs: BLS/CPR/AED for Healthcare Providers, Certified Nursing Assistant through state of Michigan
LOR: RN/BSN (my boss), PA-C/MS, PA-C/MS (I work with both and both were the PAs I observed for shadow hours)

*If you're specifically asking about UofD Mercy's program as far as their science prereqs went I had a 3.98

*My Post Bacc is my science GPA, I have BBA so I had to start from square one with science pre-reqs. The geology I took in undergrad didn't help much ;)

Good luck and feel free to DM me if you have any other questions

• 4 weeks later...

I know there is already a Class of 2017 FB group, but it looks like it was started by the 3 year program students who started last August.....https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684716188259634&tsid=0.16141547146253288&source=typeahead

I dm'd the UofD PA Program fb page asking if they create a page for classes and they said: "That is usually done by the individual classes......so probably sometime in the fall semester when your class officers are picked." 

We do have the listserver email address they gave us in the PA Orientation Packet email they sent out last week, it was in the same letter that gave us our school email address, T#'s and usernames.

I know there is already a Class of 2017 FB group, but it looks like it was started by the 3 year program students who started last August.....https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684716188259634&tsid=0.16141547146253288&source=typeahead

I dm'd the UofD PA Program fb page asking if they create a page for classes and they said: "That is usually done by the individual classes......so probably sometime in the fall semester when your class officers are picked."

We do have the listserver email address they gave us in the PA Orientation Packet email they sent out last week, it was in the same letter that gave us our school email address, T#'s and usernames.

Oh I thought they were made before the start of classes, based on previous threads.

I did not take the GRE since I have graduate degrees already, it was not required. Sorry that probably doesn't help much.  Good luck.  If you have any other questions send me a message!

Hi, hIh,

Congrtulations!

I am an older applicant and couldn't get chance for interview. I am wondering if you could share with me your stats? I want to try again.

Than you advance!

So after speaking with a member of the three year track class of 2017, they confirmed that the current FB group is geared more so for them.  She suggested I create our own page and said usually someone from each class volunteers to be the admin. I don't mind doing it for now (or indefinitely) unless someone else has an overwhelming desire to take it over:)

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/UofDMPAClass2017/

• 4 weeks later...

I recently spoke with the 3 year track (Class of 2017) FB page admin and she suggested that the 2 year track not have a seperate page. So I deleted the one I created.........figured we can always create one again later if it makes sense. Below is the link for the older of the two pages https://www.facebook...84716188259634/

Does this include the incoming 3 year track students as well? I have already created a page, but I can direct those who are already members to join the other group if there should only be one group.

You're page should be fine, since your class is 2018. You'll want to sync up with the 2 yr track that starts next year.

The way admin explained it to me is: "This group is for everyone in the 2017 class, 3 and 2 years. As you guys start clin med and merge with the 3 year class of 2017, you will find that its better to have one group where you can all share things with instead of 2 separate groups"

Archived