RFUMS Accepted Class of 2017

I got my acceptance yesterday too (Annie here). Yay, Alissa are you definitely going to RFUMS?? I'm assuming this is the same Alissa in my interview group (from SLC?)!

Congrats, everyone! Very excited!!

Annie! Congrats!

Yes I'm 99.9% sure. Out of all the schools this has been my favorite by far and after weighing the pros and cons I've put the deposit in, no turning back now :)

So excited, how about you? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annie! Congrats!

Yes I'm 99.9% sure. Out of all the schools this has been my favorite by far and after weighing the pros and cons I've put the deposit in, no turning back now :)

So excited, how about you? 

Alissa- yes I'm 99.9% sure too. Put in my deposit today! Now just to figure out all the logistics....and enjoy 1 last ski season! :)

I'll probably be messaging you about where you're planning to live, etc when it gets a bit closer!

Congrats again to everyone, can't wait to start!!!

Yeah the January interview session is for the waitlist BUT they said at the interview if you're on the waitlist you're likely to get a seat! So your chances are really good still.

Have you been able to find any information on the woodlands? I haven't been able to find anything online about pricing etc. and I know someone did mention that we should try to get on a wait list pretty early if we can. 

Have you been able to find any information on the woodlands? I haven't been able to find anything online about pricing etc. and I know someone did mention that we should try to get on a wait list pretty early if we can. 

I found their website and just was able to see the floor plans, I think you have to make an appointment with the building it seems like to get a price quote & find out about availability.

I found their website and just was able to see the floor plans, I think you have to make an appointment with the building it seems like to get a price quote & find out about availability.

Here is what the guy emailed me about Woodlands:

Here is a list of each unit style, the square footage, and the monthly rental rate:

1 Bed - 1 Bath    (610sf) > $995

2 Bed - 1 Bath    (923sf) > $1,080

2 Bed - 1 Bath    (1022sf) > $1,130

2 Bed - 2 Bath – DUAL Entry (848sf) > $1,340

1 Bed - 1 Bath & DEN (894sf) > $1,135

2 Beds - 1 Bath (1010sf) > $1,230

2 Bed - 2 Bath – Deluxe (1104sf) > $1,360 * Select units have stackable washer/dryer for $30 per mo.

If you email them, they will offer to put you on the wait list!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I met a PA in Denver who now works in Ortho - he attended RF, graduated 2014, and sent me this email:

"Wesley,

I throughly enjoyed my experience at RFUMS. It is a really solid program. I found that the faculty did an excellent job for preparing us for boards. The faculty is also extremely approachable and genuinely dedicated to their students.

We have excellent access to second year clinical sites through our program. You will have the opportunities to learn at some of the biggest (and sometimes craziest) hospitals in the U.S. It is a great opportunity to get a well-rounded immersion in medicine. Take full advantage of your time as a didactic student as well as a PAS-2. Be proactive with your clinical sites, and do research into which ones you would prefer for your core rotations. You do have some input on these. I was very satisfied with my clinical rotations, however, they could have been better had I put in some effort and input.

Expect to work hard your first year, put in the effort to learn outside the school's walls. The more you learn and retain that first year, the more that will carry into your clinicals, and then preparing for boards will be much easier.

Enjoy the ride, best of luck."

Hey all, I met a PA in Denver who now works in Ortho - he attended RF, graduated 2014, and sent me this email:

"Wesley,

I throughly enjoyed my experience at RFUMS. It is a really solid program. I found that the faculty did an excellent job for preparing us for boards. The faculty is also extremely approachable and genuinely dedicated to their students.

We have excellent access to second year clinical sites through our program. You will have the opportunities to learn at some of the biggest (and sometimes craziest) hospitals in the U.S. It is a great opportunity to get a well-rounded immersion in medicine. Take full advantage of your time as a didactic student as well as a PAS-2. Be proactive with your clinical sites, and do research into which ones you would prefer for your core rotations. You do have some input on these. I was very satisfied with my clinical rotations, however, they could have been better had I put in some effort and input.

Expect to work hard your first year, put in the effort to learn outside the school's walls. The more you learn and retain that first year, the more that will carry into your clinicals, and then preparing for boards will be much easier.

Enjoy the ride, best of luck."

Thank you for sharing this Wesley!! That's awesome to hear and great advice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived