VIRGINIA Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (Mary Baldwin)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we begin to wonder where we're at on the waitlist.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a bit of miscommunication going on at MBC. 

I received an email that all but explicitly stated I was rejected a few days after my interview in July. Today, I received an email stating, "Thank you again for your interest in Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences.

Although we do not have an update on your status, I am reaching out to our waitlisted students to let you know that we appreciate your continued interest in our program."

Hmmm... So, I didn't exactly get rejected in the first place? Okay.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! ;-)

I'm starting to wonder if there's a bit of miscommunication going on at MBC.

I received an email that all but explicitly stated I was rejected a few days after my interview in July. Today, I received an email stating, "Thank you again for your interest in Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences.

Although we do not have an update on your status, I am reaching out to our waitlisted students to let you know that we appreciate your continued interest in our program."

Hmmm... So, I didn't exactly get rejected in the first place? Okay.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! ;-)

That's pretty interesting actually. Good luck!

That's pretty interesting actually. Good luck!

And after all that, this was the apology I just received:

"I sincerely apologize for the confusion. Somehow, our system sent out a few wait list emails to incorrect applicants.

Unfortunately, the decision you received in July was correct.

Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding and wish you the best in your future endeavors."

So, no waitlist for me, but it's a moot point since I've already accepted a seat at another school. Hope no one else experiences this. Cheers! ;-)

I have an interview at Mary Baldwin Sept 17. My only concern with this school is that they are provisionally accredited. Their first PA class graduates 2018. Is anyone else concerned about this? Does anyone have any information about their standards and the qualifications of their faculty and staff?

Have an interview on Sept 17 as well... I was hoping during the interview process they will address the accreditation process. On their website they do have information about their faculty however it seems they are still hiring more staff 

This is one of the first things that Dr. Paulk addresses during his presentation. Provisionally accredited is fully accredited for all intents and purposes. It's just a newer program. Given all of the faculty's experience elsewhere, you will be in good hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived