Chazilla

PA's in the Houston area

I am in need of a few PA's to shadow, since my hospital seems to employ only NP's.  I have plenty of letter of recommendations from Doctors; however, I feel that I need a PA in the mix.  Please help.

Not that it is quite relevant to your post, but I would not agree to write a recommendation letter to someone who is shadowing me for a few hours...

Just a side note.

• Upvote 1

I understand that it might be a stretch for someone to write me a letter of recommendation under these circumstances; however, I still would like to shadow someone.  Thank you for your input!

I understand that it might be a stretch for someone to write me a letter of recommendation under these circumstances; however, I still would like to shadow someone.  Thank you for your input!

Email you state PA association, see if they can hook you up with somebody.

Good luck!

Houston Area
Texas Gulf Coast Physician Assistant Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 300344
Medical Center Station
Houston, TX 77230-0344
(832) 714-0059
www.tgcpaa.org/
**Disclaimer:  TGCPAA does not have a shadowing program.

I checked the surrounding cities and they dont offer shadowing programs.  It just seems like i'm stalking for PAs at the hospitals that I work.  I have sent out many emails to PAs, and called to no avail.  I see mostly NPs at my Hospitals.

Thank you though winterallsummer!

Yep look up local state chapter. That's how I found someone to shadow back in the day. After 36h they did write me a LOR too.