University of Iowa 2014-2015 cycle

Hello everyone! I am flying in from out of state to interview on Monday November 24th and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as hotels to stay at or places to eat while I am there? I will be there for a few days because of the way my flight worked out so any advice is appreciated!

There are a lot of great places to stay-Sheraton Hotel near the downtown area is nice and pretty close to the hospital/interview location.  Holiday Inn in Coralville is also probably another good pick.  

Downtown Iowa City has a ton of great restaurants and are all easy to get :  Quinton's is good sandwiches/soup/salads, Atlas has a good variety of food, Short's has good burgers, and Java House has good coffee and sweets. That area also has good lighter options like sub places.  

There are a lot of great places to stay-Sheraton Hotel near the downtown area is nice and pretty close to the hospital/interview location. Holiday Inn in Coralville is also probably another good pick.

Downtown Iowa City has a ton of great restaurants and are all easy to get : Quinton's is good sandwiches/soup/salads, Atlas has a good variety of food, Short's has good burgers, and Java House has good coffee and sweets. That area also has good lighter options like sub places.

Thank you for such an informative answer! If anyone would like to meet up for lunch or dinner before the Monday interview I will be here!

I realize I am posting this in the wrong thread, but since St. Ambrose is also in the state of Iowa, I didn't know if anyone here has applied there or heard any information about their interview process. I can't seem to find a thread for this years application cycle for St. Ambrose. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

To those who have been accepted:

I made another Facebook Group Page since most of us couldn't find the one already made.

I added the few of you that I currently am friends with on Facebook to the group already!!  But for those who wish to join the group page is called: "University of Iowa Physician Assistant Class of 2017"!!

Hey all!

Here is an update for anyone who is curious. I just received an interview invitation for January 9th. They said it is the last interview session, and all admissions decisions will be finalized one week afterward. Applicants from all interview sessions will be re-considered at this point. Best of wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't received a rejection letter or interview invite yet. Anyone else out there in the same boat? When I called two weeks ago they said they hoped to notify everyone by December 19th, so I am having trouble deciding whether no news at this point is a good or bad thing haha.

I haven't heard anything either...  I applied pretty late in the cycle so I'm not sure if they just haven't had time to review my app yet or if bad news is to come.  If January 9th really is the last interview session then hopefully we will know soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived