Physician Assistant Program Tuition and Cost

For a detailed cost comparison analysis of all 200 physician assistant programs in the United States. http://www.thepalife.com/2015-physician-assistant-program-tuition-and-cost-comparison-table/.

Most Expensive In State

Long Island University $106,000
Marquette University 102,600
New Yourk Intitute of Technlogy 102,900

Most Inexpensive In State
CUNY York $13,041
Stony Brook University New York  $22,500
Medical University of South Carolina $22,941

Most Inexpensive Out of State
CUNY York College $22,290
D’youville College $23,000
Nova Southeastern University, Orlando $28,960

• Upvote 1

RCC should be on your list for least expensive. it's a community college and is 5k/yr. several TX programs are very inexpensive as well.

also, I don't believe there are 200 pa programs yet, more like 185 or so.

• Upvote 1

This is not accurate... USC's 33-month PA program is definitely one of the most expensive. Tuition is $47,562 per year. Including other fees, the estimated cost for the entire program $151,933.

Touro University California in Mares Island is also a 3 year program that costs roughly $132k + living expenses. You're also getting a MPH as it is a dual degree program. This was 2 years ago so not sure if the cost has changed. 

the higher the degree awarded the more you will pay. what makes the most sense for someone with lots of HCE is to get the lowest level degree you are eligible for. for most medics and nurses this will be a BS as they likely already have an A.S.

start working as a PA and gradually take courses towards your next degree. Touro's postgrad MS program 100% online costs less than 7200 total. then if you are so inclined work on a doctorate for 40k or so.

• Upvote 1

RCC should be on your list for least expensive. it's a community college and is 5k/yr. 

Thank you EMEDPA. I think it was about 5K total tuition. back in the day, for those that qualified under special Governors initiative it was close to free tuition.  

• Similar Content

• By benners2
      Starting a thread for the 2020 application cycle. 
    • By Madison34213
      Hi, I was looking around on google and couldn’t find any direct information, but I was curious if anyone has a comprehensive list of schools that have waived the GRE due to the current situation afflicting our nation? Any information would be great. Thanks!
    • By UciGirlPA
      Hello there, I understand that ultimately this is my choice alone but would appreciate any insight from currently practicing PAs. I’ve received an offer from USC (Los Angeles) & Rush University (Chicago). I’m from California so the temptation  to attend a California school in sunny LA is very appealing. I would be closer to friends and family. However tuition is probably the highest in the nation ~180 K not including housing/other living expenses. Rush on the other hand is also an amazing program but located in Chicago. I would be away from loved ones and my support system (Family, friends, boyfriend). I love the school too! Both great academics/training opportunities. Rush however is closer to $98K. I don’t want to be buried in debt. Any thoughts? Or is the price relatively non-consequential given I would be graduating @28 years old. And have years worth of earning potential? 
    • By timesfive
      I took Organic chemistry last semester and got a C-, so now my science GPA is ruined.
      Are there any schools that don't require Ochem as a pre-req?
    • Guest JohnT
      By Guest JohnT
      if  I were to earn A's in all of my needed science classe, what are my chances for getting accepted to PA school after graduation?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More