Alaska

I looked at my list from my previous interview and there were about 60 of us if I remember.  About 10 of us had openly chatted on here and arranged to get together then at cattle Co we ended up a party of about 20...  :)  Maybe we have some stalkers...  Even the quiet ones are welcome to join us!  It really will help- to see a friendly face Saturday!  I am getting excited and nervous as well.... mostly worried the weather will not cooperate.....  I am flying in Thursday and that only gives me 1 extra weather day in case....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out about a scheduling conflict with some family stuff so I will not be able to attend this gathering but I wish everyone the best and am looking forward to meeting you this Saturday.

Sorry we won't be seeing you Scoped.  Will look for you on Saturday.

I am new to this forum.  I applied for the first time to the Alaska site.  I received an email in October that said my application was going to the faculty for review, but I have not heard anything yet.  Does anyone know how many interviews they have for the Alaska site?  akfiddlegirl- Were there 60 people at the one interview you attended?  

I am new to this forum.  I applied for the first time to the Alaska site.  I received an email in October that said my application was going to the faculty for review, but I have not heard anything yet.  Does anyone know how many interviews they have for the Alaska site?  akfiddlegirl- Were there 60 people at the one interview you attended?  

Kat,

I know when my husband called asking for planning purposes about the interview, he was told that they only have so many seats for Anchorage interviews and that Alaskans get invites to the final interview in Seattle. I think those go out around the middle to end of December, must before Christmas if he remembers right. Don't count yourself out until you get the denial letter, that is what he was told. 

Kat-  Mykaela is right- don't give up!  There are still seats to fill and interviews happening....  Until you get the final letter of denial you still have a chance!  There were about 60 at my interview here in ANC 2 years ago.

Looking forward to Friday evening.  Probably a safe choice flying Mykaela!  Can't blame you there!  I am staying at microtel.  Where are you staying?  I am supposed to have a rental car since I have a ton of shopping to do Friday.  I have to shop for the village Santa for our 15 school kids.  OH fun!  Should be distracting though before the big day.  :)

See you all Friday!

Tracy

So Alaska has only one interview?  I only applied to the Alaska site, because I live in Anchorage and it would be difficult for me to move down to Washington at this point.  I have a step son that will be a senior next year and a daughter in college at UAA that lives at home.  I have been told that they tend to interview you with people having similar back grounds. ?? I have my Bachelor's degree, have been working in public health for many years (40K hours in direct patient care), and teach Anatomy and Physiology labs at the University.  I am on the older end of the age spectrum for those that are applying, but figure I have another 20 years before I am ready to retire.  I hope to hear something soon....Good luck to you all!!

So Alaska has only one interview?  I only applied to the Alaska site, because I live in Anchorage and it would be difficult for me to move down to Washington at this point.  I have a step son that will be a senior next year and a daughter in college at UAA that lives at home.  I have been told that they tend to interview you with people having similar back grounds. ?? I have my Bachelor's degree, have been working in public health for many years (40K hours in direct patient care), and teach Anatomy and Physiology labs at the University.  I am on the older end of the age spectrum for those that are applying, but figure I have another 20 years before I am ready to retire.  I hope to hear something soon....Good luck to you all!!

Alaska only has one interview in Alaska. It's my understanding that Alaskan's can get invited to Seattle for the final interview for a slot in Anchorage. I didn't hear anything about similar backgrounds mentioned in the MEDEX orientation I attended earlier this year. I know they look for family practice type vs specialty HCE, but specialty won't count anyone out is my understanding. Just keep applying, and the nice thing with MEDEX is they will tell you want they recommend for next year's application.  

Kat-  Mykaela is right- don't give up!  There are still seats to fill and interviews happening....  Until you get the final letter of denial you still have a chance!  There were about 60 at my interview here in ANC 2 years ago.

Looking forward to Friday evening.  Probably a safe choice flying Mykaela!  Can't blame you there!  I am staying at microtel.  Where are you staying?  I am supposed to have a rental car since I have a ton of shopping to do Friday.  I have to shop for the village Santa for our 15 school kids.  OH fun!  Should be distracting though before the big day.  :)

See you all Friday!

Tracy

Tracy,

My husband and I get in Friday morning and will be staying on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (my Husband is Alaska Air Guard). We will be doing some shopping Friday morning as well. That is so neat that you are shopping for the school kids! 

Okay we are set for Texas Roadhouse at Tikahtnu (Muldoon Road) near Olive Garden for tomorrow 5:30-6:00ish going until whenever we leave.  I told them that there would be about 10-12 people.  I will call and confirm our "reservation" at 4:30 again tomorrow.  Bring your spouse/significant other if you would like.  I look forward to see everyone tomorrow.  Email me at r_wehling@hotmail if anyone need to reach me quickly, I check it more frequently

I thought the interview process today was great and honesty had an enjoyable time meeting all the wonderful applicants. I did not find the interview process stressful because it's clear they're just trying to put the best group together and there was no difficult questions. Good luck everyone.

Hopefully we can all share some great news next week????. Otherwise, I'll be taking microbiology and trying again. I feel like I did well, but there was a lot of great people and they're going to have a tuff time making selections. Good luck! I've got my fingers crossed for myself and everyone else. ✔️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completed my FAFSA and sent an application for VA's Vocational Rehabilitation. Maybe a little preemptive, but hey, I'm optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with being prepared! I had FASFA done already but added UW, I just have to wait to see if I get in to roll over Chapter 35 benefits to UW.

Just a quick THANK YOU to everyone for making the selection interviews fun.  The could have been really stressful, but the friendship and smiles really counters the stress that could have happened.  Remember that PA Quigley said that they would be having a teleconference between UAA and UW on Monday, soooooooo if no phone calls come on Monday, DON'T stress it.  Phone calls might not start until Tuesday.  Good Luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!

This interview conference was fun!  I had a great time meeting everyone.  What a great bunch of talented people!  Everyone I interviewed with did a fantastic job!  I am looking forward to getting to know many of you better.  Thank heaven for finals week to give some of us stuff to focus on besides this forum and our phones!  I better go write my final psych paper....  Good Luck everyone!  Try not to stress too much!  Take a deep breath, enjoy your family, get ready for the holiday and enjoy each moment for we never know what will happen tomorrow!

Archived