Tacoma 2014-2015 applicants

Tacoma Invite???guess/hope early Nov.???

Interview: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks.????

Offer: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks. + approx. 10 days???  J

EMSGuy1982, on 02 Oct 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:snapback.png

Last years invites for Tacoma were not until around thanksgiving.

Yep.  The invites started to go out on November 20th.  The interview was December 13th.

This info was posted on page 4 of this thread, but I think it was glanced over.  If past timelines can be predictive in any way, we still have about a month before anybody hears anything.  Deep breath!  We'll get there!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EMSGuy1982, on 02 Oct 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:snapback.png

This info was posted on page 4 of this thread, but I think it was glanced over.  If past timelines can be predictive in any way, we still have about a month before anybody hears anything.  Deep breath!  We'll get there!

Right you are sir and he said something similar on the first page as well, however, I had heard elsewhere that last year did indeed start later than what was intended, and given that it was a new campus, I'm thinking maybe the scheduling bugs weren't quite worked out yet? So, wishful thinking maybe :)

Now that the midterm week is over and my brain is fried I am free to answer any questions! I replied to a few posts below:

Right you are sir and he said something similar on the first page as well, however, I had heard elsewhere that last year did indeed start later than what was intended, and given that it was a new campus, I'm thinking maybe the scheduling bugs weren't quite worked out yet? So, wishful thinking maybe :)

I wouldn't put to much energy into trying to speculate that they are working out kinks. MEDEX has been doing these interviews for years and are very organized when it comes to interviews. This is very obvious by the time they take to view each application and at the interviews by making a schedule for you to follow throughout the day/ name tags ect...

Hey all, if you're like me then you're probably Jonesin' for a contact from MEDEX.  Sadly, I've still not heard anything either, but I did try to sit down and make an educated guess as to when they may start sending invites.  I made a sort-of-graph to help put all the dates together based on what I've read on various threads on this site, and this is what I found:  Nothing.  Here's what I put together though, maybe someone will see something glaringly obvious that I managed to overlook.

Seattle Invite: Sept. 5

Interview: Sept. 30

Offer: Oct. 10

Seattle Alternate Invite: Oct. 9

Interview: Oct. 28

Offer: ???assumed to be approx. Nov. 7???

Spokane Invite: Oct. 9

Interview: Nov. 8

Offer: ???assumed to be approx. Nov. 18???

Tacoma Invite: ???guess/hope early Nov.???

Interview: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks.????

Offer: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks. + approx. 10 days???  J

Ankorage Invite: ???guess Dec. 6 (-) 2-3 wks.???

Interview: Dec. 6 (from source saying he heard it in an information session)

Offer: ???approx. Dec. 16 (hinges on Dec. 6 accuracy)???

Disclaimer:  All 'guessed' offer dates are based on a 10 day deliberation period following interviews before offers are emailed & 'approx.' dates are based on a 2-3wk advance notice of interviews.

So a little obsessive maybe, but I think I'm probably not alone in my compulsive email checking and I thought this might have been a better use of my time, however, as I already stated, I found no well established pattern (thanks to Spokane), though if I had to guess, I would say I'd be expecting an invite around the first week of Nov. for an interview in maybe the third week of Nov. Either way, I wanted to invite you all to a little bit of humor, even if at my own expense.  I thought it might help everyone relax a little given our extended test of patience :)

Anyone see anything I missed?  If not, then keep on keepin' your heads up!  We'll get through this!

This is quite the workup matsen! I can say that last year there were two interviews. One was in December which is the one I attended. There was another interview in January at the Seattle campus which is a combined interview to possibly fill seats that were still open after the first round. I would give your refresh buttons a rest for a week or two (hard I know). I would expect the invites to come out around Thanksgiving for the first round based off of experience. I did extensive research when I was waiting like this and I finally stopped trying to figure it out because it just stressed me out more. Spend time with your friends and family because if you get accepted, there won't be much time for that (you'll be like me and have your nose in a book 90% of the time) Keep your heads up and don't be distracted by the other sites interviews and such. I am excited to see if you guys get interviews and I am looking forward (as well as some of my classmates) to meet you guys the night before which we will set up. Some of us will also be there on  interview day during the lunch period to chat and answer any questions as well. Take it one day at a time and keep me posted when interviews start coming out!

Now that the midterm week is over and my brain is fried I am free to answer any questions! I replied to a few posts below:

I wouldn't put to much energy into trying to speculate that they are working out kinks. MEDEX has been doing these interviews for years and are very organized when it comes to interviews. This is very obvious by the time they take to view each application and at the interviews by making a schedule for you to follow throughout the day/ name tags ect...

This is quite the workup matsen! I can say that last year there were two interviews. One was in December which is the one I attended. There was another interview in January at the Seattle campus which is a combined interview to possibly fill seats that were still open after the first round. I would give your refresh buttons a rest for a week or two (hard I know). I would expect the invites to come out around Thanksgiving for the first round based off of experience. I did extensive research when I was waiting like this and I finally stopped trying to figure it out because it just stressed me out more. Spend time with your friends and family because if you get accepted, there won't be much time for that (you'll be like me and have your nose in a book 90% of the time) Keep your heads up and don't be distracted by the other sites interviews and such. I am excited to see if you guys get interviews and I am looking forward (as well as some of my classmates) to meet you guys the night before which we will set up. Some of us will also be there on interview day during the lunch period to chat and answer any questions as well. Take it one day at a time and keep me posted when interviews start coming out!

EMSGuy1982,

Thank you for taking the time to encourage and support us as we play the waiting game :)

Yes, I received the same email as well. I did call admissions this morning, however, since I had not heard any updates regarding the status of my application. I am super excited to announce that my application has indeed moved on to the faculty! What a relief and now for more waiting... Continued success to everyone!!! :)

@tpuett, I wouldn't worry too much. I am kind of worried that I go that as a way to say "this is what you get to do for next time". No rejection letter, but kinda weird that this email went out before interviews.

Yup same here...I understood it as "nice try but....here are the new prerequisites!" :wacko: Oh this waiting game! I'm gonna have a head full of grey hairs by next month! :) j/k :)

Yup same here...I understood it as "nice try but....here are the new prerequisites!" :wacko: Oh this waiting game! I'm gonna have a head full of grey hairs by next month! :) j/k :)

Hey there, friends. No worries about the email. I would have jumped out of my chair if I hadn't gotten the heads up from a fellow applicant buddy. EVERYONE on some mailing list got that email though, including a friend of mine who graduated from MEDEX several years ago. So fret not, it's not an alternate rejection letter. And the world keeps turning... ;)

Now I am really worried about not receiving it! I am not even on the mailing list! (Kidding but not completely). I don't blame you for venting - my heart would have jumped too. I do think maybe I should contact them to see if there is a problem with my receiving their messages.

Now I am really worried about not receiving it! I am not even on the mailing list! (Kidding but not completely). I don't blame you for venting - my heart would have jumped too. I do think maybe I should contact them to see if there is a problem with my receiving their messages.

That might not be a bad idea... Just to say you haven't heard much in awhile and wanted to be sure you were on the mailing list...

Haha I too received this initially exciting email. Who knew an automated mass email could cause such hysteria!? We should all form a group once interview invites begin to go out so that we can meet once or twice before interviews happen. Regardless if I get an interview or not I would love to meet everyone and throw around ideas and tips.

The wait is killing me, as I know everyone else feels the same. It's close guys!!!

I worked for a private ambulance company in kitsap county for 13 years. I thought I would miss EMS but so far I haven't missed it at all. It's great to finally sleep in my bed every night :-)

EMSGuy, did you by any change work for a private ambulance company that contracted with Harrison Hospital?  

Archived