Tacoma 2014-2015 applicants

Hello!

I am sure I am the newest of the new here, but I am glad I found this forum =) This is my first time applying to MEDEX, and am shooting for Tacoma in particular. Does anyone know if you get notified either way, or just wait and see if you get invited to an interview?

It would be nice to get together with some of the applicants and perhaps a current or former student. I know of a couple people (I work with) that went through the MEDEX program. Would any of you be interested?

That is the plan to meet up the day before interviews. Welcome to the forum and wish u the best of luck through this whole process. It is my first time applying too!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I am sure I am the newest of the new here, but I am glad I found this forum =) This is my first time applying to MEDEX, and am shooting for Tacoma in particular. Does anyone know if you get notified either way, or just wait and see if you get invited to an interview?

It would be nice to get together with some of the applicants and perhaps a current or former student. I know of a couple people (I work with) that went through the MEDEX program. Would any of you be interested?

Welcome! I am a current student in Tacoma class 2. We will definitely hold a meet and greet the night before the interview for those that get invitations to interview. The first Tacoma class held one before my interview and it definitely helped settle me down for the next morning. I am here if you have any questions.

Hello everyone!!  This is my first time applying to the MEDEX program at Tacoma.  I live in Panama City Beach, Florida and work in Destin as a Hyperbaric Registered Nurse.  Just wanted to say good luck to everyone who is patiently waiting for that email.  Kudos to the current students who have taking their time to answer questions and calm our nerves!!  KTcan10 - I'm very interested in meeting with other applicants and current students.  Just waiting for my invite!!

Thank you EMSguy1982 for starting this thread!

I have applied to the Tacoma and Spokane site for the current cycle, and the last email received from MedEx admissions office was that "[my] application has moved forward to our full faculty review process..."

I wish all other applicants the best of luck and I hope to visit this thread quite often now that I have found my potential classmates! :)

Goodlucks to us all as the wait seems never ending. @Snakeeater12: I didn't even have that email. Maybe your app is further into the review process.

Any current Tacoma student, please help with another question: if the interview date is far from other sites, what's the latest date about late acceptances? Jan, Feb? I'm aware the Didatic Year starts Summer (Jun or so), what do accepted students done in between/during free time? Is it ok to register for volunteer missions?

thanks.

Goodlucks to us all as the wait seems never ending. @Snakeeater12: I didn't even have that email. Maybe your app is further into the review process.

Any current Tacoma student, please help with another question: if the interview date is far from other sites, what's the latest date about late acceptances? Jan, Feb? I'm aware the Didatic Year starts Summer (Jun or so), what do accepted students done in between/during free time? Is it ok to register for volunteer missions?

thanks.

Well last year my interview was on December 13th and I was notified that I got accepted on December 18th. They typically say it will take 7-10 days. Didactic year technically starts with the online portion which starts in March. So if your thinking about a mission I would plan around that unless you have internet access. The online portion isn't super tough but it does involve a ton of reading. You pretty much cover an entire A&P book in 10 weeks plus other assignments. I hope this helps!

@sharemiles,

you have posted the following;

In Topic: MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

18 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'm with Tacoma pool here. I submitted my supplement & caspa 9/23, verified 9/29 by caspa. The latest info from Medex was 10/1 email:

"Thank you for submitting your electronic MEDEX Supplemental Application. We wanted to let you know that we have not received your CASPA application as of the writing of this e-mail.".

I believe nobody heard anything from Tacoma yet within this forum, but should I contact Medex at this point if they "received my application", or asking them if that email was a generic reminder?

Thanks.

Have you contacted MedEx Admissions to see if they if fact have visibility of your CASPA application as well? The last email you received (as far as I can see) was that MedEx has received your supplemental application only.

I hope for the best because your CASPA application has been verified on 29SEPT, and MedEx should have caught that on their radar (they have been very professional); moreover, if I were you, I'd call right away to ensure that my packet is not collecting dust on someone's table :(

Very Respectfully,

SL 

@sharemiles,

you have posted the following;

Have you contacted MedEx Admissions to see if they if fact have visibility of your CASPA application as well? The last email you received (as far as I can see) was that MedEx has received your supplemental application only.

I hope for the best because your CASPA application has been verified on 29SEPT, and MedEx should have caught that on their radar (they have been very professional); moreover, if I were you, I'd call right away to ensure that my packet is not collecting dust on someone's table :(

Very Respectfully,

SL 

Thanks, I thought I would try to wait a little more patiently as the PAs (Medex Grads) whose wrote my LORs that Medex staff/admission are "very" busy during application cycles.  As of reading your reply, I'll make an attempt to contact them today/tomorrow. Thanks

Updated 1:50pm: Called Medex Admissions ~noon earlier, spoke to Mary. She stated the Admission staff need to know about it, either "reply to last Medex email with new subject asking status of application" or she will transfer my call to Admissions but they won't have an answer as quick as via email. I hoped it's helpful for anyone whom in same boat as I do.

@EMSGuy1982: I remove a post in Seattle thread, since you've answered my question about actual date of "enrollment" & National Health Services Corps Scholarship that dues 5/15/2015. Do you have any HS Corps recipients in your classes?  I'm just planning ahead in case I'll be asked during interview about how will I pay for Medex if accepted (I mentioned being poor from my personal statement). Thanks.

Thanks, I thought I would try to wait a little more patiently as the PAs (Medex Grads) whose wrote my LORs that Medex staff/admission are "very" busy during application cycles. As of reading your reply, I'll make an attempt to contact them today/tomorrow. Thanks

Updated 1:50pm: Called Medex Admissions ~noon earlier, spoke to Mary. She stated the Admission staff need to know about it, either "reply to last Medex email with new subject asking status of application" or she will transfer my call to Admissions but they won't have an answer as quick as via email. I hoped it's helpful for anyone whom in same boat as I do.

@EMSGuy1982: I remove a post in Seattle thread, since you've answered my question about actual date of "enrollment" & National Health Services Corps Scholarship that dues 5/15/2015. Do you have any HS Corps recipients in your classes? I'm just planning ahead in case I'll be asked during interview about how will I pay for Medex if accepted (I mentioned being poor from my personal statement). Thanks.

I don't know of any of my classmates having the NHSC scholarship. I know some people applied but it is a national scholarship so your in the applicant pool with other professions. I would apply or at least call them and ask. It couldn't hurt.

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a current Tacoma Class 2 Student with EMSGuy1982. We both spent many hours on this board during our wild ride last year turning in applications, interviewing, and receiving that glorious phone call! I also took part in the meet up prior to and was so thankful I did! It really calmed the nerves getting to meet people ahead of time. I hope to meet up with many of you too! Congratulation to you all and Best of Luck!! I will peek in every now and again to help answer questions and give my support! 

Hello, everyone! I too have applied to the Tacoma program and am waiting to hear that my application has gone on to faculty review & am checking my email constantly! :) I had received an email that they were having trouble accessing my caspa application, however. I followed up on it & they do have it now. They said I should have an update soon... ADahnke51 & EMSGuy1982- I look forward to seeing you again this year! To all applicants, congrats on making it this far & I wish everyone continued success! Hope to meet up with you all the night before the interview :)

I got email this AM from Medex Admission (very fast!) that they received both of my caspa&suppl apps. They will review it & will notify me 3 weeks prior to "interview date" if I'm selected for interview. I hoped for the opportunity to meet you all at the prep night (before interview date) regardless whether I'm being invited or not (it can be a life learning exp) :) Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi -

This is my first time applying also - my husband graduated from Medex Seattle in 2010. He loved the program - he not only received high quality instruction but also great support from the staff and fellow students. It is a very positive learning environment.

I am excited about the possibility of joining him in this profession. So relieved to hear the Tacoma applicants probably have not received interview invitations yet. I was feeling anxious!

Hey all, if you're like me then you're probably Jonesin' for a contact from MEDEX.  Sadly, I've still not heard anything either, but I did try to sit down and make an educated guess as to when they may start sending invites.  I made a sort-of-graph to help put all the dates together based on what I've read on various threads on this site, and this is what I found:  Nothing.  Here's what I put together though, maybe someone will see something glaringly obvious that I managed to overlook.

Seattle Invite: Sept. 5

Interview: Sept. 30

Offer: Oct. 10

Seattle Alternate Invite: Oct. 9

Interview: Oct. 28

Offer: ???assumed to be approx. Nov. 7???

Spokane Invite: Oct. 9

Interview: Nov. 8

Offer: ???assumed to be approx. Nov. 18???

Tacoma Invite: ???guess/hope early Nov.???

Interview: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks.????

Offer: ???guessed-early Nov. + 2-3wks. + approx. 10 days???  J

Ankorage Invite: ???guess Dec. 6 (-) 2-3 wks.???

Interview: Dec. 6 (from source saying he heard it in an information session)

Offer: ???approx. Dec. 16 (hinges on Dec. 6 accuracy)???

Disclaimer:  All 'guessed' offer dates are based on a 10 day deliberation period following interviews before offers are emailed & 'approx.' dates are based on a 2-3wk advance notice of interviews.

So a little obsessive maybe, but I think I'm probably not alone in my compulsive email checking and I thought this might have been a better use of my time, however, as I already stated, I found no well established pattern (thanks to Spokane), though if I had to guess, I would say I'd be expecting an invite around the first week of Nov. for an interview in maybe the third week of Nov. Either way, I wanted to invite you all to a little bit of humor, even if at my own expense.  I thought it might help everyone relax a little given our extended test of patience :)

Anyone see anything I missed?  If not, then keep on keepin' your heads up!  We'll get through this!

Archived