2014 Application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you coming from out of town? I haven't booked my hotel yet. There are a few that look like they are within walking distance

Yes, but I'm only 3 hours away. What hotels have you looked at that are walking distance away? I plan to arrive early on Oct 30. 

• 1 month later...

I just got an e-mail for an interview invite last night at 8pm (8pm on a Saturday night? it was very weird). Looks like it is a 2 day thing from October 30-31st. I'm an out of towner so it makes me nervous as my odds are much slimmer it looks

How did your interview/stay go? I am also an out-of-stater interviewing on Dec4-5th.

Interviewed and accepted here, declined in favor of my state program. From Arkansas, so I'm an out-of-stater as well. As far as interview advice goes, the director, Dr. Philpott, does a question-and-answer session with applicants as you are waiting for one on one interviews. Make sure to look into his background and areas of interest so you'll have things to talk about with him. They're really focused on producing primary care PAs, especially ones that want to practice in Mississippi, so if you have any experience with rural communities be sure to highlight that. Overall the interview was pretty relaxed, and everyone was super nice. Just enjoy your self and present yourself the best that you can and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived