2014-2015 Applicant Interviews

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supplemental submitted: 5/21

CASPA submitted: 7/18

Confirmation of completed application from JMU: 8/1

I applied because I'm a VA resident and I would receive in-state tuition. Plus it's relatively close to my parents and my alma mater UVa :) The program is great, I went to an open house back in April and was very impressed with their facilities & staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I interviewed on September 5th. I believe I submitted my application the first week of June, or sometime around then. The interview went from 11-4 and involved 3 one-on-one interviews, a little info session, time to talk to current students and a tour of the facilities. Good luck!

Mine was updated last Thursday onto MyMadison. I received an email today saying that the status had changed in MyMadison....which I already knew. Does anyone know if JMU has a policy about how long we have to give them a yes or no? And for those who haven't heard yet, if I recall it was a phone call to be waitlisted and MyMadison would be for accept or deny. Hang in there!

The experience is pretty laid back, and a typical interview environment. The morning starts with more information about the school and then its interview time. They have about 4-5 faculty/staff interviewing at a time for about 15 applicants. For us they went in alphabetical order and kind of just went through pulling people gradually until everyone had 3 interviews. While this was happening the remaining applicants pretty much just talked and stuff until the students came in and talked to us about the school. Once everyone was done we went on a tour of the school and then had our writing sample. None of the three interviews asked any questions that were out of the norm, at least not for my interviews. Good Luck!

WIPANC, 

Very helpful; thank you.

sab515,

May I ask when you submitted your application (both to CASPA and to JMU)? Just wondering how long the usual turnaround time is before they contact a person if he or she is getting an interview.

Thanks!

Thank you very much WIPANC, very much appreciated! :) 

21277 I finished submitting both applications and all of my information on 7/28. I received an email the admissions committee was reviewing my application on 8/01, and I was invited to an interview on 9/01. Hope this helps!

Archived