Letters of Recommendation

You should have three letters of recommendation on your CASPA before submitting, which is the standard for most school (And the maximum on CASPA, actually. You can't add more than three).

Keep in mind you cannot add new references after submitting your CASPA, so if you already submitted or are planning to submit without them you will have to send your letters to each school you applied to individually.

- EDIT: I should specify that you can have one outstanding and submit, you just can't add anymore references afterward.

CASPA requires 3 LORs but you only need 2 fully completed and submitted before you can e-submit your CASPA application. You can enter the information into CASPA for your 3rd LOR then e-submit. This is beneficial because sometimes that last LOR you're waiting on may take longer than expected depending on who's writing it for you.

Perfect example: When I applied, I had 2 LORs completed then I had to input the information into CASPA for my last LOR because the professor who was writing it for me had other obligations. A couple of days after I e-submitted my CASPA application, the professor had completed the LOR and I officially had my last LOR submitted.

If I currently do not have one from a PA and will be getting one in the future before Nova's deadline, should I just send the LOR directly to NOVA since I will have already e-submitted. Not all of the schools require a LOR strictly from a PA like Nova and have earlier deadlines too. That is why I had to submit early but have not added Nova to my submission yet because of the LOR's.

I currently have two submitted to CASPA, I know it says you are required to have 2 before e-submitting on CASPA. So, I would like to go ahead and submit early to NOVA as well but I do not want my application to discarded right away since I do not have all of them yet.

E-submit ASAP and stay in communication with the person writing your LOR. Give them a deadline as to when you need the letter. The secret to giving your application a fighting chance is to apply as early as possible to schools and it'll be September after today which means it's getting on the later end of the application cycle for most programs.

Thank you for the help PA_Hopeful1906. 

Anyone else know if Nova will allow you to send LOR's directly to admissions. E-submitting and not being able to change LOR's is quite frustrating. Especially since one of the people who is supposed to write one for me is not complying even though I just spoke with him two days ago and gave him my deadline.

If I currently do not have one from a PA and will be getting one in the future before Nova's deadline, should I just send the LOR directly to NOVA since I will have already e-submitted. Not all of the schools require a LOR strictly from a PA like Nova and have earlier deadlines too. That is why I had to submit early but have not added Nova to my submission yet because of the LOR's.

You will need to have all your LORs in before the deadline to get an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived