• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down, you made it into a school with less than half the prerequisites as other programs and graduated without graduate level work unlike others from a graduate level program. So be more humble because you may have been able to pass your boards and become a PA, but you are not at the same level as the PA's whom graduated from a Master's program. I'm "trolling" around to get to know the schools and type of people applying, attending or graduating/graduated from the programs. So when I came across a stuck up snobby comment from someone who graduated from the program and think they are better than everyone else, I had to point it out. As I said, I don't think undergrad work is just as hard or harder than PA school. If you learn to read carefully, it is just pointing out that you should keep your mouth shut when you haven't experienced it yourself. Its practically the same point you've been making to me except you are too hypocritical to take your own advice. Good luck being a PA with your better than everyone else attitude; I'm sure the doctors and your coworkers will have a blast with you around. I'm actually glad the program is transitioning. If one good thing is to come out of this change, it's that it will weed out people like you with the huge ego. God knows we need less of that in medicine. By the way, you're a mother, grow up.

Lol. You make me laugh. I was able to fulfill the perquisites of several masters programs. I turned down 3 other schools (which were masters programs) to attend Sophie because it was my top choice. Just because the school isn’t a masters program, doesn’t take away from the fact that Sophie graduates are well respected & recognized. We have high PANCE pass rates because we are trained well. The only thing that matters is passing the PANCE. NCCPA doesn’t care about whether you graduated from a bachelors or masters program. They don’t care how many degrees you have under your belt or if you have attained higher degrees such as a doctorate degree. The only thing that matters is passing PANCE. I passed on my first attempt, so my Sophie education served me well.

I think it’s hilarious that you think I’m snobby & stuck up when you are the one that is trying to belittle me & my education. What’s also hilarious, is that you think that your undergraduate is as hard as PA school. I would love to see how you feel about that if you ever get into PA school.

Every one that has ever worked with me, prior to PA school & during my clinical rotations, has loved working with me. You think I’m snobby & stuck up & have a huge ego. Ha!! Take a long hard look at your own responses. The good thing about programs requiring interviews is that they weed people with such a negative attitude out. The fact that as a PA applicant, you seem to think very highly of yourself will show through in an interview, if you ever get an interview. Let’s see how a committee of PAs & PA faculty members will judge this.

You have said that you are not interested in Sophie, so like I suggested before, go to the pages of the schools that you are interested. You have attacked my character & my education & yet, you do not know me. I have not attacked your personality or your education. I simply stated that no prior undergraduate education can compare to the educational requirements of PA school. I never called you snotty or stuck up. I never stated that you poorly planned for your child, I never stated that you are a horror to work with, I was never rude to you & told you to keep my mouth shut. I, unlike yourself, have been professional & courteous in my responses. Your responses, on the other hand, are not becoming of someone that wants to become a PA.

Same here! I refuse to stay in a no phone service area for too long we should hear something within the next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I keep my phone on vibrate and keep checking in between patients to make sure I do not have a missed call or anything.  At this point it`s OCD lol.

If you miss the call or are in an area with no signal, they will usually leave you a message instructing you to call the program back & will leave a contact name & number. That's what happened to me. My phone didn't ring & then a few minutes later it beeped telling me I had a vmail. I nervously called back & got the great news. That was almost 3 yrs ago now. Seems like yesterday. Lol. Good luck to all the applicants!!! Hope you get your call soon.

If you miss the call or are in an area with no signal, they will usually leave you a message instructing you to call the program back & will leave a contact name & number. That's what happened to me. My phone didn't ring & then a few minutes later it beeped telling me I had a vmail. I nervously called back & got the great news. That was almost 3 yrs ago now. Seems like yesterday. Lol. Good luck to all the applicants!!! Hope you get your call soon.

Hello Yacosta815,

Thanks for checking back in with us and giving us information.  I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for my phone call.

Hello Yacosta815,

Thanks for checking back in with us and giving us information.  I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for my phone call.

You're welcome. I can't wait to hear the good news from everyone here. They should send an email to the alumni letting us know when the orientation dinner is scheduled to take place. If I am not working that day, I will definitely attend. It will be my first time attending as a graduate.

Guest sophiepa2015

For anyone who has participated in or attended the PA club hours -

I am looking to shadow a PA that is preferably a Sophie Davis alumni because I am hoping for advisement and mentoring. Is there a list of Sophie alumni that contains their contact information and location of work that I am able to access? Or does anyone have any clues as to how I could go about finding the contact information of Sophie alumni that are currently employed in the NYC area?

Thanks all for your help!

Just got my email...not accepted :(. 

It was nice to meet all of you that were there on the last interview day. 

Wishing you all the best of luck! For those of you that have been offered a seat, congratulations! For those who have not, remember that there is always something good that you can learn from each experience. Take that lesson, better yourself, and try again next year!

Just got my email...not accepted :(. 

It was nice to meet all of you that were there on the last interview day. 

Wishing you all the best of luck! For those of you that have been offered a seat, congratulations! For those who have not, remember that there is always something good that you can learn from each experience. Take that lesson, better yourself, and try again next year!

Hello Thinkgood,

Did you get wait listed as well or a rejection email?

Archived