Hello all, I'm back to chime in. For some strange reason, I am still not getting notifications. I checked my settings & it is set to send me email notifications but it never does. It's very odd. Anyway, I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone that received an interview. For those that did not receive an interview, don't lose faith. I know it must seem tough, but do not let this stop you. Consider this an obstacle that you will have to overcome. PA school is a lot harder & a LOT more stressful than any of you can ever imagine. Nothing I can ever say will properly prepare you for it. You have to BE a PA student to understand what it's like to be a PA student. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication & determination.....which all start before you are accepted. Keep the faith & use the time to work on any weaknesses that you might have as an applicant. Like I said before, I really recommend the books by Andrew Rodican. Look him up on Amazon or E-bay to get his book.

As for me, I am a Sophie class of 2015 graduate. Graduation is in January every year & my magical date was 1/30/15. I took my PANCE exam 2.5 wks ago & I passed!!! I am an offical board-certified PA now!!!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all, I'm back to chime in. For some strange reason, I am still not getting notifications. I checked my settings & it is set to send me email notifications but it never does. It's very odd. Anyway, I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone that received an interview. For those that did not receive an interview, don't lose faith. I know it must seem tough, but do not let this stop you. Consider this an obstacle that you will have to overcome. PA school is a lot harder & a LOT more stressful than any of you can ever imagine. Nothing I can ever say will properly prepare you for it. You have to BE a PA student to understand what it's like to be a PA student. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication & determination.....which all start before you are accepted. Keep the faith & use the time to work on any weaknesses that you might have as an applicant. Like I said before, I really recommend the books by Andrew Rodican. Look him up on Amazon or E-bay to get his book.

As for me, I am a Sophie class of 2015 graduate. Graduation is in January every year & my magical date was 1/30/15. I took my PANCE exam 2.5 wks ago & I passed!!! I am an offical board-certified PA now!!!

Congratulations Yacosta815 with becoming PA-C. It should be very exciting. Long and very interesting journey is waiting for you.

By the way, I was interviewed on Thursday, everybody was on the rush because it took too long. I was interviewed by Blanca Rodriguez and another physician (not Maurice Wright). Because of the noise I wasn't able to hear his name clearly... I wanted to thank him for the interview and was wondering if you know his full name?

Anyway, I wish you the best. Let us know how it feels to be a real, practicing PA.

Hello Yacosta815,

Thanks for sharing, I think you probably graduated with a good friend of mine if you graduated this January.  

Congratulations on becoming a PA-C However, you and most of the other people on this forum probably did not fulfill the prerequisites at CCNY or received your bachelor's degree here; especially not in any of the sciences. You constantly mention how much harder and more stressful than any of us can ever imagine. Well CCNY has some of the most difficult and challenging professors teaching the science courses and for those that want an A, it may require hard work equivalent to the hard work you mention in PA school. On top of that, the infamous CCAPP office which does most of the advising for science majors are known for bluntly telling you that you don't belong in science or do not pursue medicine if you have anything short of a 4.0 GPA. So the challenging curriculum and the dream crushing advisement from the science department is nothing YOU can ever imagine. Thanks for your encouraging words though, unfortunately for many applicants, one more obstacle created by Sophie Davis this year is the transition to a standalone Master's degree. I don't know who proposes the ideas for changes that need to be made to comply with the 2020 deadline to becoming a Master's program. However, if this program really prides itself on helping the underserved, why would they not make it a BS/MS joint degree with more required prerequisites and healthcare experience. After all, the underserved would benefit from the cheaper tuition of the BS part and only have to pay for the extra year of graduate work. Instead, it is a standalone Master's degree which means students will have a Bachelor's degree and receive no aid for the Master's program. On top of that, work is impossible during the course of PA school, how is this at all a smart move by the administration. Sophie Davis used to be my first choice because I was extremely proud of the mission statement. It turns out either the administration is not smart enough to figure this out or they have become generic like the other programs in the country where tuition matters most. Guess it happens eventually, how can you help the underserved if you can barely pay yourself right? Unless you can provide solid proof of justification for standalone Master's over a joint degree in terms of helping the underserved, anything said is your biased opinion from either being in the program or trying to get in. BTW, I'm not a a cynic that was rejected from the program so you can rule that out for this down to earth opinion of the program. Honest words are often the hardest to hear.

Congratulations on becoming a PA-C However, you and most of the other people on this forum probably did not fulfill the prerequisites at CCNY or received your bachelor's degree here; especially not in any of the sciences. You constantly mention how much harder and more stressful than any of us can ever imagine. Well CCNY has some of the most difficult and challenging professors teaching the science courses and for those that want an A, it may require hard work equivalent to the hard work you mention in PA school. On top of that, the infamous CCAPP office which does most of the advising for science majors are known for bluntly telling you that you don't belong in science or do not pursue medicine if you have anything short of a 4.0 GPA. So the challenging curriculum and the dream crushing advisement from the science department is nothing YOU can ever imagine. Thanks for your encouraging words though, unfortunately for many applicants, one more obstacle created by Sophie Davis this year is the transition to a standalone Master's degree. I don't know who proposes the ideas for changes that need to be made to comply with the 2020 deadline to becoming a Master's program. However, if this program really prides itself on helping the underserved, why would they not make it a BS/MS joint degree with more required prerequisites and healthcare experience. After all, the underserved would benefit from the cheaper tuition of the BS part and only have to pay for the extra year of graduate work. Instead, it is a standalone Master's degree which means students will have a Bachelor's degree and receive no aid for the Master's program. On top of that, work is impossible during the course of PA school, how is this at all a smart move by the administration. Sophie Davis used to be my first choice because I was extremely proud of the mission statement. It turns out either the administration is not smart enough to figure this out or they have become generic like the other programs in the country where tuition matters most. Guess it happens eventually, how can you help the underserved if you can barely pay yourself right? Unless you can provide solid proof of justification for standalone Master's over a joint degree in terms of helping the underserved, anything said is your biased opinion from either being in the program or trying to get in. BTW, I'm not a a cynic that was rejected from the program so you can rule that out for this down to earth opinion of the program. Honest words are often the hardest to hear.

YORK College is the same way, they made the program a Masters and now require a Bachelor prior to getting in. However, I do understand your reasoning for making it a dual degree program.

Congratulations Yacosta815 with becoming PA-C. It should be very exciting. Long and very interesting journey is waiting for you.

By the way, I was interviewed on Thursday, everybody was on the rush because it took too long. I was interviewed by Blanca Rodriguez and another physician (not Maurice Wright). Because of the noise I wasn't able to hear his name clearly... I wanted to thank him for the interview and was wondering if you know his full name?

Anyway, I wish you the best. Let us know how it feels to be a real, practicing PA.

Unfortunately, there are multiple faculty members that interview so I would have no idea who it was. I had no clue that Ms Rodriguez was involved in the interviewing process, honestly, since she is not part of the teaching faculty. She is part of the office admin faculty. When I was interviewed, I was interviewed by the previous program director (best program director in my opinion), one of the clinical coordinators & the program's physiology professor.

Unfortunately, there are multiple faculty members that interview so I would have no idea who it was. I had no clue that Ms Rodriguez was involved in the interviewing process, honestly, since she is not part of the teaching faculty. She is part of the office admin faculty. When I was interviewed, I was interviewed by the previous program director (best program director in my opinion), one of the clinical coordinators & the program's physiology professor.

Since you did your research, you should know Sophie’s decision to become a stand alone MS program was done to fulfill the requirement that ARC-PA has come out with. If the program wishes to remain an accredited program, then they have to comply with ARC-PA’s requirements. While there are some schools that offer a BS/MS degree, many do not. Those that do are 5-6 yrs in length & usually require you to enter straight out of high school. Financially speaking, 3 years of undergraduate plus 2 years of graduate tuition is more costly than 3 years of graduate tuition, and that’s at the rock-bottom CUNY prices that Sophie offers.

It is presumptuous of you to think that your undergraduate degree/major is the only tough one out there & that I or anyone else wouldn’t know what that is like. I obtained my undergraduate in Forensic Science, which is a major in which only 35 out of the initial 200 students ended up graduated since the majority fail out or change majors because they can’t handle it or are on the verge of failing out. That was a tough major. Like your major, the forensic science department will tell you that it’s not meant for you if they feel that your grades are not up to par. As difficult as this was, I was still able to hold down a full-time job while going to school full-time & also complete a part-time crime lab internship during my senior year & still graduated with honors. By the way, did I mention that I’m also a single mom that had no help from my family or son’s father? I was able to do all of that without a problem & yet I tell you (since I actually did it), that PA school is a LOT harder than that.

No matter how hard you may think your undergraduate is, it is nothing compared to PA school. Since you are not in PA school, I wouldn’t expect you to understand this. Work is not impossible during PA school. If you get into PA school & want to work, have at it. The program won’t kick you out if you work. However, expecting to pass all of your classes if you are working is not really feasible, but that’s your decision. You will take up to 13 classes in a semester. You don’t get to decide which classes or the order of the classes that you take. The schedule is given to you. You will be in class up to 48 hrs a week. You then have to study many long hours after class which leaves little time for work. But I guess if you want to work, then that will leave little time for studying. About a month into the semester, you will have exams. In regular school, you have exams usually only during midterms & finals. Maybe you have a quiz or two thrown in. You think that’s tough? In PA school, starting about 4 weeks into the semester, you will have anywhere from 1-5 exams per week, every week. You will also have quizzes on top of this & clinical exams that you need to perform. If you fail one class, you have to sit out the rest of the year & wait to retake that class the following year. Failing one class will push your graduation back one full year. Fail a second class and you will be sent to the Course & Standing committee where they will decide whether you are able to handle the course load of PA school. If they think that you can’t handle it, they don’t just bluntly tell that maybe being a PA isn’t for you, they kick you out of the program, regardless of what your GPA is. No coming back. You still think your major is harder than that?  

When it comes to Sophie, I don’t see how “they have become generic like the other programs in the country where tuition matters most.” Sophie has been & continues to be one of the most affordable PA programs in the nation. Whether you are a cynic that was rejected or whether you just changed your mind about Sophie without applying, your “honest words” are not hard to hear. They honestly don’t matter to me. I got accepted. I attended. I graduated. I passed my PANCE. I’m a PA. If Sophie is no longer your number one choice, that’s ok. There are plenty of other PA programs out there. More are opening up every year. Good luck finding one that doesn’t have these same requirements.

For everyone else who still lists Sophie as their number one choice, good luck!! For those of you accepted, I will see you at your orientation dinner.

Since you did your research, you should know Sophie’s decision to become a stand alone MS program was done to fulfill the requirement that ARC-PA has come out with. If the program wishes to remain an accredited program, then they have to comply with ARC-PA’s requirements. While there are some schools that offer a BS/MS degree, many do not. Those that do are 5-6 yrs in length & usually require you to enter straight out of high school. Financially speaking, 3 years of undergraduate plus 2 years of graduate tuition is more costly than 3 years of graduate tuition, and that’s at the rock-bottom CUNY prices that Sophie offers.

It is presumptuous of you to think that your undergraduate degree/major is the only tough one out there & that I or anyone else wouldn’t know what that is like. I obtained my undergraduate in Forensic Science, which is a major in which only 35 out of the initial 200 students ended up graduated since the majority fail out or change majors because they can’t handle it or are on the verge of failing out. That was a tough major. Like your major, the forensic science department will tell you that it’s not meant for you if they feel that your grades are not up to par. As difficult as this was, I was still able to hold down a full-time job while going to school full-time & also complete a part-time crime lab internship during my senior year & still graduated with honors. By the way, did I mention that I’m also a single mom that had no help from my family or son’s father? I was able to do all of that without a problem & yet I tell you (since I actually did it), that PA school is a LOT harder than that.

No matter how hard you may think your undergraduate is, it is nothing compared to PA school. Since you are not in PA school, I wouldn’t expect you to understand this. Work is not impossible during PA school. If you get into PA school & want to work, have at it. The program won’t kick you out if you work. However, expecting to pass all of your classes if you are working is not really feasible, but that’s your decision. You will take up to 13 classes in a semester. You don’t get to decide which classes or the order of the classes that you take. The schedule is given to you. You will be in class up to 48 hrs a week. You then have to study many long hours after class which leaves little time for work. But I guess if you want to work, then that will leave little time for studying. About a month into the semester, you will have exams. In regular school, you have exams usually only during midterms & finals. Maybe you have a quiz or two thrown in. You think that’s tough? In PA school, starting about 4 weeks into the semester, you will have anywhere from 1-5 exams per week, every week. You will also have quizzes on top of this & clinical exams that you need to perform. If you fail one class, you have to sit out the rest of the year & wait to retake that class the following year. Failing one class will push your graduation back one full year. Fail a second class and you will be sent to the Course & Standing committee where they will decide whether you are able to handle the course load of PA school. If they think that you can’t handle it, they don’t just bluntly tell that maybe being a PA isn’t for you, they kick you out of the program, regardless of what your GPA is. No coming back. You still think your major is harder than that?  

When it comes to Sophie, I don’t see how “they have become generic like the other programs in the country where tuition matters most.” Sophie has been & continues to be one of the most affordable PA programs in the nation. Whether you are a cynic that was rejected or whether you just changed your mind about Sophie without applying, your “honest words” are not hard to hear. They honestly don’t matter to me. I got accepted. I attended. I graduated. I passed my PANCE. I’m a PA. If Sophie is no longer your number one choice, that’s ok. There are plenty of other PA programs out there. More are opening up every year. Good luck finding one that doesn’t have these same requirements.

For everyone else who still lists Sophie as their number one choice, good luck!! For those of you accepted, I will see you at your orientation dinner.

It's amazing how you decided to take my post as a personal attack and felt the need to respond in a way where you glorify what you've been through prior, during, and after the program. If it wasn't hard to hear, why take it personally. As you said, I'm not in the program therefore, I don't know how hard it is, yet you continue to tell me don't think being an undergrad at CCNY is hard; quite hypocritical don't you think? You decided to use your Forensic Science major to explain how hard it was but you prevailed; well unfortunately the more you do so the more you validate my claims. You're telling people they won't know how hard it is until they've done it, you've never been an undergrad at CCNY but feel you are more than qualified to give feedback. I have nothing but respect for your ability to do all you did to get into the PA program despite your obligations to a job and a child. However, mentioning you succeeded while managing your personal life shows that you feel you deserve some sort of praise for the achievement. Do you view having a child and no help from the child's father or family as something glorifying? You didn't seem to hesitate to bring it up to "prove" how much harder it was for you. I respect the fact you managed the way you did; however, not having a child to care for or not being a single mother or father does not make any of us less than you. It just means we made better choices for our future and our future child's future. Those of us who choose to have a secure job prior to planning parenthood should not be shamed by you flaunting the fact you are a single mother and making it as a PA. I doubt anyone that's in the program whom has the obligations of being a mother or father, uses it to get the feedback you were looking for by your post. In one light, you are a strong person who pulled through despite your hardships. In a clearer light, you had a child prior to being able to be 100% sure you were able to offer the child the best life possible and took a gamble. Had forensic science been your career choice, why did you become a PA? Don't tell me you had a promising career in forensic science so you had a child out of proper planning with the child's best intention in mind. You took a gamble when you decided to have a child and pursue PA school because since it's as hard as you claim it to be, it must be harder while having obligations as a mother with no help. Before you reply to my post, read carefully, because not once in my previous post did I compare undergrad studies to PA school. I was merely pointing out that your claim that no one would understand how hard a PA program is without being in it is an extremely narrow minded claim. Three years of undergraduate studies and two years graduate is not cheaper than three years grad school, please do your research into the cost of the Master's level PA programs before making claims. Finally, I agree with the fact that there are programs that are joint BS/MS degrees which start straight out of high school, however had you done your research you would know that there are several programs that are transfer BS/MS programs such as the ones at Touro. You say Sophie Davis is still one of the most affordable, but they have yet to post their tuition rate for the graduate program, how are you getting your information? Being from your vigorous forensic science program I can assume you had fantastic grades and probably even great work experience when you applied to Sophie Davis, what I don't understand is how your personality made it through interviews. You have a huge sense of entitlement and feel you deserve recognition for what you been through and achieved. Truth is, you weren't even dealt a bad hand that you had to make the best of, you just made poor decisions when you were younger as did many of us and had to work hard to make amends. It doesn't make you exceptional. If one can only be an exceptional PA by being like you, you've undermined your fellow classmates and PAs all around. From the tone and attitude of your response, one can see just how ordinary you are with a strong need to overcompensate and validate yourself. Sophie Davis is transitioning to Master's program due to ARC-PA requirements which is obvious, the part where you fail to see is that the BS/MS would comply with the requirements from ARC-PA while keeping the goal of serving the underserved. For a PA graduate, you really are surprisingly unfamiliar with doing research before making claims..

It's amazing how you decided to take my post as a personal attack and felt the need to respond in a way where you glorify what you've been through prior, during, and after the program. If it wasn't hard to hear, why take it personally. As you said, I'm not in the program therefore, I don't know how hard it is, yet you continue to tell me don't think being an undergrad at CCNY is hard; quite hypocritical don't you think? You decided to use your Forensic Science major to explain how hard it was but you prevailed; well unfortunately the more you do so the more you validate my claims. You're telling people they won't know how hard it is until they've done it, you've never been an undergrad at CCNY but feel you are more than qualified to give feedback. I have nothing but respect for your ability to do all you did to get into the PA program despite your obligations to a job and a child. However, mentioning you succeeded while managing your personal life shows that you feel you deserve some sort of praise for the achievement. Do you view having a child and no help from the child's father or family as something glorifying? You didn't seem to hesitate to bring it up to "prove" how much harder it was for you. I respect the fact you managed the way you did; however, not having a child to care for or not being a single mother or father does not make any of us less than you. It just means we made better choices for our future and our future child's future. Those of us who choose to have a secure job prior to planning parenthood should not be shamed by you flaunting the fact you are a single mother and making it as a PA. I doubt anyone that's in the program whom has the obligations of being a mother or father, uses it to get the feedback you were looking for by your post. In one light, you are a strong person who pulled through despite your hardships. In a clearer light, you had a child prior to being able to be 100% sure you were able to offer the child the best life possible and took a gamble. Had forensic science been your career choice, why did you become a PA? Don't tell me you had a promising career in forensic science so you had a child out of proper planning with the child's best intention in mind. You took a gamble when you decided to have a child and pursue PA school because since it's as hard as you claim it to be, it must be harder while having obligations as a mother with no help. Before you reply to my post, read carefully, because not once in my previous post did I compare undergrad studies to PA school. I was merely pointing out that your claim that no one would understand how hard a PA program is without being in it is an extremely narrow minded claim. Three years of undergraduate studies and two years graduate is not cheaper than three years grad school, please do your research into the cost of the Master's level PA programs before making claims. Finally, I agree with the fact that there are programs that are joint BS/MS degrees which start straight out of high school, however had you done your research you would know that there are several programs that are transfer BS/MS programs such as the ones at Touro. You say Sophie Davis is still one of the most affordable, but they have yet to post their tuition rate for the graduate program, how are you getting your information? Being from your vigorous forensic science program I can assume you had fantastic grades and probably even great work experience when you applied to Sophie Davis, what I don't understand is how your personality made it through interviews. You have a huge sense of entitlement and feel you deserve recognition for what you been through and achieved. Truth is, you weren't even dealt a bad hand that you had to make the best of, you just made poor decisions when you were younger as did many of us and had to work hard to make amends. It doesn't make you exceptional. If one can only be an exceptional PA by being like you, you've undermined your fellow classmates and PAs all around. From the tone and attitude of your response, one can see just how ordinary you are with a strong need to overcompensate and validate yourself. Sophie Davis is transitioning to Master's program due to ARC-PA requirements which is obvious, the part where you fail to see is that the BS/MS would comply with the requirements from ARC-PA while keeping the goal of serving the underserved. For a PA graduate, you really are surprisingly unfamiliar with doing research before making claims..

Forensic science is a difficult major, as I’m sure others are, however, they are not anywhere near the level of difficulty in comparison to a PA program. It’s not hypocritical to say that because I underwent a difficult major & the PA program & can judge based on that. If you think that your major is harder than PA school, then kudos to you. You are entitled to feel that way, just as I am entitled to feel the way I do.

I didn’t mention my undergraduate degree & my home life for validation or praise from you or from anyone on this forum. I mentioned it to show that even though I was in a difficult major, that it was still possible for me to work & support my child & still graduate with honors. Even though I was able to do that, I was not able to work during PA school. Nowhere in my comment did I say that I worked harder than anyone else, was better than anyone else or was more exceptional than anyone else. I never said that I was dealt a bad hand. I merely stated my particular circumstances. Everyone has their particular circumstances. Some worse than mine, some better than mine.

By you saying that others have made better choices for your future & for your future child’s future implies that I made poor planning choices. I fail to see how you came to that conclusion. Even though I did not work for the 2 & ½ yrs that I was in PA school, I still managed to pay all my bills & tuition on my own. I did not take out any loans. I did not rely on public assistance or unemployment. I paid for 2 & ½ yrs of school, rent & bills all from my savings, and I still have money left over, so how was this poor planning on my part?  I was 100% sure of my choice & was able to provide my child with a good life.

I didn’t have a promising career in forensics & then planned on having a child. I had my child first & then studied forensics. Why should having a child without help from family limit what I can do especially if I’m able to financially support myself & my son 100% on my own.

If you wanted to know where I got my numbers for, it’s easily found on the CCNY website (http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/bursar/tuition-and-fee-information.cfm). If you did your research, you would have easily found it, but you asked for numbers, so here you go: Sophie Davis tuition is based off of CCNY tuition. 3 yrs of graduate tuition (6 x $5930 = $35,580) is cheaper than 3 years of undergraduate + 2 yrs of graduate tuition [(6 x $3,165) + (4 x $5,930) = $42,710]. You state that some schools offer you the opportunity to transfer in to their BS/MS program. I don’t need to do my research on this since I don’t need to. I’m not applying to their program so I don’t care what they have to offer.

You attack my personality without knowing me other than my one comment to you. You think I’m ordinary, I think you’re a joke. I am already a PA & you are trolling around on a forum for a school that you don’t even want to attend. My grades pre-PA school were fantastic which is how I got the interview. My personality is awesome which is how I got accepted. My grades in PA school were fantastic as well, which is how I graduated & passed my boards. If I have a sense of entitlement, it’s because I earned it. As a graduate, I come on this forum to help & offer advice to applicants that list Sophie as their top choice. If Sophie is not a choice for you, then go to the school’s page that is a choice for you & talk to them. Good luck to you in your application to other schools.

Forensic science is a difficult major, as I’m sure others are, however, they are not anywhere near the level of difficulty in comparison to a PA program. It’s not hypocritical to say that because I underwent a difficult major & the PA program & can judge based on that. If you think that your major is harder than PA school, then kudos to you. You are entitled to feel that way, just as I am entitled to feel the way I do.

I didn’t mention my undergraduate degree & my home life for validation or praise from you or from anyone on this forum. I mentioned it to show that even though I was in a difficult major, that it was still possible for me to work & support my child & still graduate with honors. Even though I was able to do that, I was not able to work during PA school. Nowhere in my comment did I say that I worked harder than anyone else, was better than anyone else or was more exceptional than anyone else. I never said that I was dealt a bad hand. I merely stated my particular circumstances. Everyone has their particular circumstances. Some worse than mine, some better than mine.

By you saying that others have made better choices for your future & for your future child’s future implies that I made poor planning choices. I fail to see how you came to that conclusion. Even though I did not work for the 2 & ½ yrs that I was in PA school, I still managed to pay all my bills & tuition on my own. I did not take out any loans. I did not rely on public assistance or unemployment. I paid for 2 & ½ yrs of school, rent & bills all from my savings, and I still have money left over, so how was this poor planning on my part?  I was 100% sure of my choice & was able to provide my child with a good life.

I didn’t have a promising career in forensics & then planned on having a child. I had my child first & then studied forensics. Why should having a child without help from family limit what I can do especially if I’m able to financially support myself & my son 100% on my own.

If you wanted to know where I got my numbers for, it’s easily found on the CCNY website (http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/bursar/tuition-and-fee-information.cfm). If you did your research, you would have easily found it, but you asked for numbers, so here you go: Sophie Davis tuition is based off of CCNY tuition. 3 yrs of graduate tuition (6 x $5930 = $35,580) is cheaper than 3 years of undergraduate + 2 yrs of graduate tuition [(6 x $3,165) + (4 x $5,930) = $42,710]. You state that some schools offer you the opportunity to transfer in to their BS/MS program. I don’t need to do my research on this since I don’t need to. I’m not applying to their program so I don’t care what they have to offer.

You attack my personality without knowing me other than my one comment to you. You think I’m ordinary, I think you’re a joke. I am already a PA & you are trolling around on a forum for a school that you don’t even want to attend. My grades pre-PA school were fantastic which is how I got the interview. My personality is awesome which is how I got accepted. My grades in PA school were fantastic as well, which is how I graduated & passed my boards. If I have a sense of entitlement, it’s because I earned it. As a graduate, I come on this forum to help & offer advice to applicants that list Sophie as their top choice. If Sophie is not a choice for you, then go to the school’s page that is a choice for you & talk to them. Good luck to you in your application to other schools.

Calm down, you made it into a school with less than half the prerequisites as other programs and graduated without graduate level work unlike others from a graduate level program. So be more humble because you may have been able to pass your boards and become a PA, but you are not at the same level as the PA's whom graduated from a Master's program. I'm "trolling" around to get to know the schools and type of people applying, attending or graduating/graduated from the programs. So when I came across a stuck up snobby comment from someone who graduated from the program and think they are better than everyone else, I had to point it out. As I said, I don't think undergrad work is just as hard or harder than PA school. If you learn to read carefully, it is just pointing out that you should keep your mouth shut when you haven't experienced it yourself. Its practically the same point you've been making to me except you are too hypocritical to take your own advice. Good luck being a PA with your better than everyone else attitude; I'm sure the doctors and your coworkers will have a blast with you around. I'm actually glad the program is transitioning. If one good thing is to come out of this change, it's that it will weed out people like you with the huge ego. God knows we need less of that in medicine. By the way, you're a mother, grow up.

I really did not want to involve myself but at this point I'm throwing my two cents in anyways.

Prerequisites are preparatory. The education Sophie Davis offers, as the facts state, has literally pumped out 2 occurrences of 100% PANCE pass rates in the past five years. Other than that, it's above 90% (which is great!) The education offered at SD CANNOT possibly be "subpar" to a masters level....EVERYONE sits for the same PANCE and Sophie Davis students seem to be very well prepared. When the program begins offering the masters, beneficial additions will be made...not overhauling changes. Anything I've heard from the program director about the transition was goals of improvement to the program.

I think it's unwise, and honestly plain rude, to say Sophie PAs are not at the same level as those that hold a Masters. Once again, is the PANCE that dictates whether you've earned that "C" after your PA title.

ihavequestions, you are clearly becoming emotional in this matter. I urge you to tread carefully. There is a difference between stating your opinion and being rude. If you are in fact planning to become a PA, you should not be attacking Yacosta. It's unprofessional and unbecoming. There is a way to state your concerns and voice your disagreements without personal stabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really did not want to involve myself but at this point I'm throwing my two cents in anyways.

Prerequisites are preparatory. The education Sophie Davis offers, as the facts state, has literally pumped out 2 occurrences of 100% PANCE pass rates in the past five years. Other than that, it's above 90% (which is great!) The education offered at SD CANNOT possibly be "subpar" to a masters level....EVERYONE sits for the same PANCE and Sophie Davis students seem to be very well prepared. When the program begins offering the masters, beneficial additions will be made...not overhauling changes. Anything I've heard from the program director about the transition was goals of improvement to the program.

I think it's unwise, and honestly plain rude, to say Sophie PAs are not at the same level as those that hold a Masters. Once again, is the PANCE that dictates whether you've earned that "C" after your PA title.

ihavequestions, you are clearly becoming emotional in this matter. I urge you to tread carefully. There is a difference between stating your opinion and being rude. If you are in fact planning to become a PA, you should not be attacking Yacosta. It's unprofessional and unbecoming. There is a way to state your concerns and voice your disagreements without personal stabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my last post on this matter because I realize how narrow minded everyone is here. No one here faces criticism with any grace. Thanks for your two cents, however, you should probably take care of your own situation first. Your biased opinion comes from your anticipated joining of the SDPA program. Unfortunately, you are on you second strike with the two applications only rule and things aren't looking good for you. As time goes by both you and Yacosta815 will see what I can see right now. That ego and attitude of hers will be the greatest obstacle in her careers and as for you, start looking into other programs, you know why.

Archived