• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted into the program!!!! I see that Ms. Yacosta815 is an alum. Is there any way Yacosta815 you could message me your e-mail so that I can ask you a couple of questions regarding the program?

Any insight you can give me regarding this program is highly appreciated.

If there are any other alums on this thread who are willingly to share their experience please message me as well. Any advice is welcomed.

To those who were not accepted or waitlisted, do not lose sight or be discouraged. Just between us, I was rejected my first time applying. Never lose focus and when it is meant to happen, it will!

Got the acceptance email as well. THANK YOU LORD.

For those who were not accepted or are on the wait list, always remember why you chose this profession. So please don't be discouraged.

I myself was on the wait list last year. But with my goal in mind, I applied again this year and got in.

Got the acceptance email as well. THANK YOU LORD.

For those who were not accepted or are on the wait list, always remember why you chose this profession. So please don't be discouraged.

I myself was on the wait list last year. But with my goal in mind, I applied again this year and got in.

Hello Kunta,

may I ask what did you do to make yourself a better candidate this year compared to being wait listed last year?  Also if you don`t mind can you share your stats.  Also do you know if anyone from the prior year get accepted after being wait listed or the chances are slim to none?

I was waitlisted last year as well and accepted this year. No one was taken off the waitlist last cycle. However as you can see, someone is already declining their seat this year and accepting somewhere else. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SamalamXO.  I really hope I get the call.  If you don`t mind can you share your stats with me?  I

I have a BA in psych with concentration in neuroscience. Appx 3.7 overall GPA and 3.6 science gpa. 7.5 yrs of non direct patient care in a hospital and 8.5 yrs of volunteering in my community. Since I was waitlisted last year I started shadowing a PA in the ER, took microbiology, organic chem and a human body course to have a sharper application.

Keep a positive mind!

I have a BA in psych with concentration in neuroscience. Appx 3.7 overall GPA and 3.6 science gpa. 7.5 yrs of non direct patient care in a hospital and 8.5 yrs of volunteering in my community. Since I was waitlisted last year I started shadowing a PA in the ER, took microbiology, organic chem and a human body course to have a sharper application. Keep a positive mind! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing.  I have a 3.5 GPA 7.5 years practicing as a PT assistant and I did take Medical Microbiology and Organic Chem which I did well on. I  Received an A in Medical Micro and a B on Organic Chem.  I wonder if not having the Bachelors Degree holds me back a little.  I do have an Associates in Applied science and my license as a PT assistant.

Thanks for sharing. I have a 3.5 GPA 7.5 years practicing as a PT assistant and I did take Medical Microbiology and Organic Chem which I did well on. I Received an A in Medical Micro and a B on Organic Chem. I wonder if not having the Bachelors Degree holds me back a little. I do have an Associates in Applied science and my license as a PT assistant.

Those are very competitive stats, have u applied anywhere else? I know it's difficult to apply to most master's programs without a bachelor's degree but if you had one I think you would get at least an interview at most schools.

Those are very competitive stats, have u applied anywhere else? I know it's difficult to apply to most master's programs without a bachelor's degree but if you had one I think you would get at least an interview at most schools.

Hello singhash6,

I only applied to Sophie this year.  I am going to apply to again next year as well as with other and work towards my Bachelors.  I think by next year I will require a Bachelors to apply which will delay this process longer.  In the meantime I`ll work towards my Bachelors and pray I get a call from the wait list.

Thanks for sharing. I have a 3.5 GPA 7.5 years practicing as a PT assistant and I did take Medical Microbiology and Organic Chem which I did well on. I Received an A in Medical Micro and a B on Organic Chem. I wonder if not having the Bachelors Degree holds me back a little. I do have an Associates in Applied science and my license as a PT assistant.

No PA2Be516. I only have my AS in Biology. But I volunteered in my local hospital for about 400 hours, in a private Doctor office for about 160 hours and in a Church program to feed the less fortunate and give away clothing. My GPA is 3.68.

It's all up to the connection that you made with the interviewer by being just YOURSELF.

Hi guys, I got an acceptance email today but will likely be declining as I've gotten into another program I've decided to attend. Best of luck to all that are entering this year, and those who haven't been accepted yet. For those of you who are waitlisted, I hope my declination of a seat could be yours!

I was also a re-applicant like others mentioned. Last year, I didn't even get a chance to be interviewed; so please don't lose hope. Like BKNAJ said, hopefully my seat can be yours to those who are waiting.

Thanks BKNAJ and KittyKatt. I will definitely not give up hope and continue to work towards my goal of becoming a PA oneday. Let's see God willing I'll still get a call.

Congratulations to everyone whose been accepted !! and for those who weren't, don't give up if this what you truly want ! Just a quick question, does anyone have a rough idea of when classes should start ? I know its August, but beginning ? middle ? or end ? Thanks ! 

Congratulations to everyone whose been accepted !! and for those who weren't, don't give up if this what you truly want ! Just a quick question, does anyone have a rough idea of when classes should start ? I know its August, but beginning ? middle ? or end ? Thanks !

I believe it's towards the end of August

Hello everyone,

Ive been following this forum as well (although ive never posted until now) and Ive also been accepted for the 2015 cycle. Nevertheless, I agree with all that MiJo has said and I second his suggestion of those on this forum who have been accepted to meet up, I would say, very soon. I actually just left sophie davis a few hours ago after submitting in my deposit. I then later met up with my friend from the medical program at davis and he essentially echoed what Mijo said - This is it. The program may start in late august but come July we will all be immersed in our own preparation for the program so it all starts way before the first day of classes!

Aside from that...Mijo, I also interviewed on April 9th and I believe I remember you, although very faintly. Im glad I "know" at least one person now! This is all still unreal.

Archived