Hi arosswoods, sorry for the extremely late reply to your post. I am also applying this round. Hoping to hear about an interview within the next few weeks!!!

arosswoods, Yep. I graduated from IUPUI this past May. I live, work and am taking a year of classes in between my undergrad and, hopefully, PA school here in Indy. How about yourself?

I have no idea on the amount of applicants....but good news is, we should be hearing from them about interviews very soon. The interview dates listed online are November 13th and 14th.

• Upvote 1

I hadn't seen that. Thanks, that's exciting news! Compared to other programs I'm applying to IU seems more organized and open about their process.

I have no idea on the amount of applicants....but good news is, we should be hearing from them about interviews very soon. The interview dates listed online are November 13th and 14th.

On July 8 on the IUMPAS Facebook page they posted that interviews for the class of 2017 would be Thursday, November 6 and Friday, November 7.  Where on the website did you see the 13th and 14th listed?  Are you sure those were updated for this year?

Juzemka, If you go to the program's website and look under the "Important Dates" section, it says Nov. 13th and 14th.

Here is the link: http://shrs.iupui.edu/health_sciences/degrees/mpas/importantDates.html[/quote

Maybe they've updated the website but not Facebook. I feel like the website info is more likely to be accurate (maybe I'm just not a Facebook fan so I'm a little biased).

Yeah I'm starting to feel like refreshing my email has become a nervous tic at this point. Come to think of it does anybody know if we will get an email vs a phone call?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By zgotham1
      Hello All, 
      This is my first post in this forum and im really pumped! I'm currently a junior right now and will hopefully be applying to PA schools here in the coming future. 
      I was wondering if I could get some insights from the people who are ahead of me in the process with how applying goes, and if i have a shot at some higher tier schools. 

So far my cumulative GPA is a 3.77, with a science GPA of about 3.65ish. 
      Courses I've taken (Sport and Exercise Science Major/Pre-PA track) are as follows: 
      Molecular and Cellular Bio: B+  Gen Chem I and II w/ Labs: B, B+, A-, A-  Bio II: A+, A Animal Physiology w/lab : A-, A- Trigonometry: A Psych Stats: A  **Currently in ** Human Gross Anatomy w/ Cadaver Based lab (Hardest course at my university taught by two former MDs, one being from Yale): B+ (Hopefully) and A  Organic Chemistry I and II (w/ Ochem 1 Lab): A+, A+, B+ (Do not plan on taking Ochem II lab) Nutrition: A+  Research Methods: A-  Intro Psych, Psych of Human Development and Abnormal Psych: all A+'s  Currently I still plan to take Biochem, Genetics and Microbiology  along with some other sport and exercise science fluff courses. (Biomechanics, Clinical ex. physio, exercise physio, motor learning and development etc.)

I will be planning to do research this coming spring semester with my advisor will hopefully be presenting it at the ACSM National Conference in Harrisburg, PA.  Im apart of my schools Honor's Program as well as the national honors society Phi Eta Sigma. I will also planing to be joining the National Honors Society of Biology: Beta Beta Beta. Also, outside of honors programs im apart of the Delta Kappa Epslion Fraternity. (So if any brothers are reading this hello!) 

However, i believe my biggest flaw in my application will be my HCE. So far i really dont have any HCE hours besides a couple hours of shadowing and what not. Will this hinder me greatly in applying to PA schools? I plan on taking a CNA course in the summer and hopefully will get a job as a PT tech at a local Sport PT place here in town. 
      I have a list of schools that i would like to apply to and then i have some of the other schools i consider top tier (Pitt, Penn State, Yale, PCOMM, Cornell etc.) 
      Also, do you have any tips on how to study for GRE's? Or did you just go in there and wing it? 
      How do my chances look? 

- Thank you, Z. 

• By snowboarddude
      Is there a correlation between the prestige of a PA school's program and getting a job, or do your boards/GPA in PA school/whatever matter more?
    • By silverstarlight
      So I was reviewing the Florida International University PA program website and they said that they admit over 90% of their class who are from Florida. I am not from Florida so I was wondering if the odds are stacked pretty highly against me for this school? Is it worth spending the money to apply here? 
    • By CaiKru
      Hey all,
      I'm having some trouble deciding between becoming an RN or becoming a PA. I know there are many differences between the two professions, but that only seems to make my decision harder. Recently I just got accepted into my schools nursing program, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. For a very long time now I have wanted to be a PA but pretty much ruled it out because I thought the path it took to get there would be too hard. I have never been a straight A student (A's and B's with a rare C), and I know GPA is a heavily weighted factor in even getting considered for a PA program, not to mention the work you have to do if you get accepted! I am a very tenacious person. I know getting to PA school would be a challenge, but with all that considered, PA school is always on my mind. I feel like the only reason I am currently going for nursing is because I'm scared I would not be able to get into PA school (and if I don't then I'm kind of stuck). If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it! 
    • By silverstarlight
      Hello!
      I am currently trying to narrow down my list of PA schools. I know it's expensive so I decided no more than 12 schools but unfortunately my list is at 90 that I qualify for. How would you recommend choosing schools besides HCE requirements, pre-reqs, and cost? Also, I would really like to know if the location is a concern. I know I will be studying most of the time so I don't need to live in an exciting city per say, but I would like a place where I feel comfortable with the community and without a high crime rate.(Are those reasonable deal breakers?) I am a female of small stature so walking through shady areas alone every day would make me rather uncomfortable, especially if I have to live off campus.
      Thanks and I appreciate your help!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More