Sign in to follow this  
Fifi

Georgia pay scale

Hi there,

I just moved to Georgia and I was wondering what is the median salary you all are getting for primary care PA with 3 years experience? I'm from Texas and it seems it's a lot lower than they're median salary for the level of work exp that I have. And just to put in perspective, what do hospitalists, surgical and ER pas make here in GA ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By atjPA
      Follow this link: https://gre.magoosh.com/invite/5F7JDH to get $10 off Magoosh GRE prep when you sign up! It's automatically discounted when you check out, but only if you follow this link! Magoosh really helped me get the score I needed for PA school and I wanted to share this with website to all my Pre-PA friends! Hope this works for you!
    • By cardiacpack94
      Hey guys!
      So I have a question about CASPA and ETS. On my CASPA profile there are a few schools that are missing from schools that have received my GRE score but according to ETS, the scores have been received by all the schools that I entered. Should I resend the score or contact the Admissions Representative to see if they did receive my scores?
    • By Davidhaslhof
      Hey Guys & Gals,

I just took the GRE today and did not do well at all.  150 for verbal and 138(kill me please) for quant.  I was expecting to get into the 50% but clearly, I was not successful with the quant.  I think the combination of not doing math or a long time + time anxiety + failure to adequately prepare are the reasons while I did so poorly.  I am sure my dog could have done better and his skills are limited to sitting and smiling...
      Some basic info:
      Age 31
      Associates GPA 2.8
      Science GPA 3.3
      BS GPA 3.72  
      My patient care experience is a little over 23,000* hours:
      *Not included 2 years as a volunteer EMT covering 36 hours a week of a small town
      3,744 as a Paramedic
      9,360 as a respiratory therapist (ED, NICU, PICU, SICU, Neuro-ICU, MICU, CVICU)
      10,000+ as a combined flight respiratory therapist and a flight paramedic.
      Directors of both the ED and Acute Care Surgery wrote letters of recommendation

I am not sure what to do right now...  While the school I applied to requires the GRE, they don't have a minimum threshold and only recommend that you are above 50% to be competitive.  They did report that the middle 60% percent of the class scored between 30-67% on the Quant portion of the GRE's.  To me, that suggests that the GRE has little emphasis in the overall review of the application.  I am not sure if I should call and speak to either my admissions counselor or if I should speak to the director of admissions to ask for advice.  The priority deadline for the application is July 1st and the final deadline is September 1st.  I am not sure if I should call and ask them to place a hold on the application, make a note that I will take the GRE exam in the next month, or if repeating the GRE is even necessary in the grand scheme of my application.  I do want to take the GRE again, but my only issue is the cost of the repeat test plus the cost of an online prep will set me back a small sum of money.  I am frustrated at myself, not sure what to do, and I am looking for any guidance or advice others can give.

Please send help
      Kyle

• By daydreamy
      Two questions!
      1) Does anyone have experience with retaking the GRE? My unofficial verbal reasoning score was wonderful, but I need to up my quant score. Will it look badly if I skip the sections I've already done well in for a program that takes the best scores from multiple tests (this may be program-dependent, just wanted to throw this q out there).
      2) Has anyone's official "scaled" GRE score been different than the score noted on your screen the day of the exam?
    • By Karlie
      I am having difficulty deciding whether or not I should retake the GRE or not. I am not a fan of these tests, nor do I like having to pay $200+ to take it so I need an honest opinion if you think I should retake it or not. 4 out of the 6 schools I am applying to require the GRE with no minimums, but their averages are around 300-306. The other 2 schools do not require it at all. 1 of those schools is the school I received my B.S. from, and they give preference to previous alumni (giving me a higher likeliness to get in there). I also just received my B.S. and will have 1 gap year at least between undergrad and PA school.
      GRE SCORE= 293
      Quant: 148
      Verbal: 145
      Writing: 4.0
      GPA
      Cumulative: 3.73
      Science: 3.73
      Experience
      Research: 90+ Biochemistry research with antioxidants.
      PCE: 600hrs (I was a CNA at a long-term care facility for 560 of those hours and now I am working full time as a Medical Assistant at a Primary Care office allowing me to gain 40+ hours a week of PCE, which I will add to my application).
      HCE= 2,300 hrs as a patient transporter in a hospital.
      Shadow= 90 hrs in 7 different fields of medicine.
      Volunteer= 42 hrs (soup kitchen, special olympics, american red cross blood drives, MAPA)
      LOR (4 total)
      2 PA's I shadowed (both alumni of my alma mater's PA school and they are both still involved with their PA school), my previous patient transport supervisor, and my research professor.
      Memberships
      Pre-PA club
      MAPA (Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants)
      I am not sure if I am missing anything. Let me know if you want more information to help me make this decision. I would have to retake the test within the next couple of weeks so that I could submit my application mid-June. This would not give me much time to prepare for my retake. I also have only done a crash course of youtube videos and free Kaplan bootcamps to prepare for the GRE, and this was all before my previous attempt at the end of April 2018. I do not want to waste the time and money if you guys think I would still be competitive at the schools that require the GRE. Thanks for your input!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More