Virginia: Mary Baldwin College

Hey guys, for those of you thinking about attending Mary Baldwin, I think it would be a great idea. I grew up about 20 minutes away and my fiance graduated from MBC. I had a chance to meet the faculty at an open house and thought that they were all great. The program director has a GREAT history in the profession, so I have no doubt that it that MBC's PA program wouldnt be anything but top notch. Also, the new Murphy Deming College of Health Science building is great. I applied to MBC, but was accepted at South in Savannah, which has an earlier start date, vs MBC which doesnt start until fall of 2017. Its about 40 minutes from Charlottesville and 10 minutes from Staunton, both of which are really cool towns with a lot to offer.

• 4 weeks later...

The interviews were very relaxed! The presentation and the tour were very helpful in getting to know the school and what they're about. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was incredibly nice. As for accreditation... It's a brand new program and I have no doubt they'll get it with flying colors. Are you worried about it, Henna_Zehra?

The interviews were very relaxed! The presentation and the tour were very helpful in getting to know the school and what they're about. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was incredibly nice. As for accreditation... It's a brand new program and I have no doubt they'll get it with flying colors. Are you worried about it, Henna_Zehra?

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it went well for you. I was worried before only because it seemed a bit risky, but after hearing such great things, I'm more relaxed about it! I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Seems as if they are quick at sending acceptance letters:) do you know how many spots are still open currently? I have my interview all the way in November

Thanks everyone! Good luck with your interviews! There were about 10 people in total for the PA program. They also interviewed OT and PT people, so when I walked in to find about 25 people, I was taken aback. No worries, though. It was a lot of fun and very informative. What do you guys think about the accreditation issue?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GPA: 3.28

GRE: 1st-301, 2nd-308

Direct Patient Care:  1,556 and counting

Health Care Shadowing: 
Shadowed ortho PA and observed 17 surgeries - 196 hours

TxCC PA - 25 hours

Fam med MD/ARNP - 15 hours

I'm also a licensed Athletic trainer, and have my EMT-B cert.

Unfortunately I think I jumped the gun on this school, and my psych prereqs may not count... 

I applied to 7 schools in May then this one in Nov, been denied 2 so far and no interview invites. It has been an agonizing wait to say the least.

Archived