High Point University 2014-2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I visited the campus about two months ago and while High Point University is amazing, it kinda sucks that the program is housed a couple miles away near the High Point mall! (which shouldn't be the focus... haha)

Very impressed with what they have to offer. With the way High Point does things, I would expect nothing less for the inaugrual class. Good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All!  I interviewed yesterday and I just wanted to say that I was very impressed.  They have all put so much work into making this a top tier and successful program!  They are likely one of the few programs that do not share a simulation lab (4 "patients" including birthing mom!) with other programs.  The health facility that they are building will be amazing for future classes.  The faculty was experienced and enthusiastic.  Good luck to everyone!

Hi All!  I interviewed yesterday and I just wanted to say that I was very impressed.  They have all put so much work into making this a top tier and successful program!  They are likely one of the few programs that do not share a simulation lab (4 "patients" including birthing mom!) with other programs.  The health facility that they are building will be amazing for future classes.  The faculty was experienced and enthusiastic.  Good luck to everyone!

Do you mind sharing your stats. This is still a new program so Its hard to know what exactly they are looking for. I always look at the average GPAs/GREs of previous graduates to see what range they are looking for. 

Do you mind sharing your stats. This is still a new program so Its hard to know what exactly they are looking for. I always look at the average GPAs/GREs of previous graduates to see what range they are looking for. 

I honestly think that it is not all about the stats.  If you are within average for other programs it is my assumption that you will be in the same spot at High Point as well.  My undergrad stats were on the lower end of things but all my pre-req classes I have taken recently I did way better.  GRE scores were within 80th percentile for Verbal/Writing and 60th for quantitative.  I would just say that good stats are sort of important but make yourself competitive by doing other things like volunteering, traveling, etc.  Write a great essay.  And get some good healthcare experience.   Good luck!    

They told us they were going to have 2 more interview days in January. I was invited to my interview on September 30th and interviewed on November 7th. I have no idea if they have extended offers for the other interview days. Hope that helps :)

If anyone has been accepted please post :)

Congratulations!

I still haven't heard anything... at this point, I'm expecting a rejection email coming my way this week. I loved the program though - can't say anything bad about it. If I'm lucky maybe I'll make the wait list :P.

Best wishes!

Keep your head up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived