Class of 2017

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have received an acceptance to both NYIT and Hofstra. I would love any suggestions that any of you have in order to make my decision. They're both great schools and I'd be happy to go to either, but any input would be really helpful.

Cheers! 

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who got accepted or put on the wait list! I go my rejection letter a few weeks ago and I was just wondering those of you who got accepted, what were your application credentials? I just want to get an idea of what I was missing to have gotten a rejection. If any of you would be so kind as to share your accepting qualifications:

What degree did you get? Bachelors/Masters:

GPA/Science GPA:

Patient Care Hours:

Shadowing Hours:

GRE Scores: 

What do you think made you stand out:

Thanks guys! And again Congrats on your awesome accomplishments!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sambulance13:

Biology

3.90 cgpa and 3.95 sgpa

23 y/o

2500 healthcare hours

800 shadowing hours

I've been working towards this goal for a long time and I made sure I didn't apply until I felt ready. I think that I connected really well with my interviewers and that even though there were some blemishes on my transcript and application I was able to address them and and show that something positive came from it. The best advice that I can give is to continue with your HCE and shadow as much as possible in as many places as possible. And when it comes to the interview just be yourself bc at that point you've done everything you could... They just have to like you. Good luck with all of your other applications!, I hope this helped

• 2 weeks later...

I was waitlisted from the program. How likely is it to be accepted after being waitlisted (for anyone who's went through this process), and when did you get a final decision?

oayal, hang in there! I'm sure there will be several taken from the wait list. There are almost always people who commit to a program, and then remove themselves when they hear they've been accepted to their first choice, etc. Have you applied to other schools? Is NYIT your first choice?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived