Class of 2017

Of course, without a doubt I am happy with my decision. Well as you know I graduated this may took my boards in june and found out in july I passed. Now just waiting for job offers that are appealing. I can tell you our professors taught us well not only to ace our boards but to also become the best PAs. Every program does have its ups and downs but I'm very much happy I chose NYIT.

Except for the price of it ;) (realistically program price and length average are increasing across the boards)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be interviewing Oct 22 and am really looking forward to it! Do you have any tips/suggestions on how to prepare/what to wear? Or any clues as to if they give a quiz or writing sample? 

Can't wait to meet whoever else I'll be interviewing with!

I'll be interviewing that day too! So exciting :)

Good luck to those being interviewed, give it your best shot. It's a great program. 

I have my interview at NYIT tomorrow and am starting to get a little nervous. I have had a couple interviews already, but none have taken a writing sample before. I have been doing some research but cannot quite figure out how to prepare for it. If you do not mind me asking, how would you recommend preparing for the writing sample/interview? I just want to do the best that I can

I never prepared for a writing sample when I was interviewed. I just went in there and wrote what was asked. Just focus on why you want to be a PA, and talk about your HCE to back it up. Their writing sample isn't there to throw you off but to see what type of applicant you are. Just relax, NYIT was my first interview and my first time doing a writing sample. Interview wise, look at the post I did a while ago on this thread. I used Andrew Rodican's book and practiced questions by googling them. It is a relaxed environment. Best of luck. Anything else let me know.  

Interviewing on Dec 10th. Is interviewing on the last date bad? It was the only date I could do =/

I don't think interviewing the last date is bad. When I interviewed back in 2011 it was in January and I had classmates who interviewed much later in January. I don't know if they changed the application process but doesn't hurt to give it a shot.  

Archived