Anybody applying for Summer 2015 start?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as a heads up, be checking your inbox, I got an interview invite today via email at around 2:30. The dates are 11/4, 11/12, and 11/13 and the whole process lasts for half a day. You sign up online. Make sure to watch your inboxes like a hawk because if you aren't signed up by the 23rd, your interview invitation is revoked. I'm interviewing the first part of 11/12!  Good luck to everyone!!! 

Just as a heads up, be checking your inbox, I got an interview invite today via email at around 2:30. The dates are 11/4, 11/12, and 11/13 and the whole process lasts for half a day. You sign up online. Make sure to watch your inboxes like a hawk because if you aren't signed up by the 23rd, your interview invitation is revoked. I'm interviewing the first part of 11/12!  Good luck to everyone!!! 

Thanks for the update!

Guest emphatic111

Those who got an interview invitation...will you post your stats?

Overall GPA, GRE, Patient Care Hours and In-state or Out-of-state.

Those who got an interview invitation...will you post your stats?

Overall GPA, GRE, Patient Care Hours and In-state or Out-of-state.

This is the info I got in my rejection letter from LAST cycle (I interviewed, but was not offered a spot)

As a point of reference, average math/science, prerequisite, and cumulative GPAs from applicants invited for interviews this admission cycle are as follows: Math/Science: 3.90; Prerequisite: 3.92 ; Cumulative: 3.81.

The majority of the accepted applicants for this cycle accumulated greater than 500 hours

The average total GRE percentile for the applicants invited for interviews this admission cycle was 62.9

My stats are very similar to those above, although my GRE average was much higher. 

I hope that info is helpful. 

Anyone have any knowledge of previous years applicants placed on the waitlist for an interview actually getting one?  MUSC is my top choice.  I have read previous years posts and have only read about one applicant being lucky enough to get the chance to interview.  I am keeping all 3 interview dates open just in case.

@gms - It is very possible to get an invitation- keep your phone by your side because if you get an invitation it might be on a very short notice. I talked to a few PA students  during a tour who got a call on the interview day and actually got in so don't give up!!

Everyone who is interviewing on the 4th: Would you guys mind posting what kind of questions they asked and how the interviews were structured? It would ease some of the nervousness of what to expect for those who are interviewing on the 12th and 13th. 

For those who are asking,

My GPA is a 3.61 Cumulative, Math/Science GPA is a 3.78 and Pre-req is a 3.81,  GRE was 157, 148 and 4.5. I'm also in-state. I have about 2000 hrs between shadowing,my internship, and working as a CNA prn.

I have done research, had an internship in physical rehab for the elderly, and am finishing up a second bachelor's degree with more difficult science courses I have done well in, to make myself more competitive for interviews. Apparently it has worked as I'm interviewing the 12th in the morning slot!

Good luck guys!

Archived