Anybody applying for Summer 2015 start?

Wow, I never expected so many of us to still be left in the dark. This is probably just wishful thinking on my part but it's possible that because the applicant pool was so big/ with a lot of great applicants that they haven't made all of their final decisions and phone calls yet. It's easier said than done but it's out of our hands so I guess try not to think about it too much. Happy Thanksgiving! Perfect day to go eat my feelings now...... 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, happy thanksgiving everyone! My feelings are the same as everyone else.. It really sucks having to go through this and be thinking the worst during the holidays.. But guess there's nothing we can do about it. Maybe they will still make calls Monday! You never know... Has anyone actually gotten a rejection/waitlist email yet?? Can't believe they would wait til Monday morning after the holiday to send all those out.... Errrgh :(

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know I was accepted, but have decided to attend a program closer to home. Don't give up those who were wait listed! I was wait listed to interview with MUSC and ended up with an acceptance. Stay positive!

Good luck!

I have a question.. Im on the wait list and I have one course I still need to take. It's just a behavioral science course but my question is- do I spend money to take it right away in case I get in or?? Apparently nothing will be waived. Not sure what to do... :/ it's hard not knowing but I guess I have no choice..

I DID go ahead and spend a lot of time and money on taking Biochemistry and Medical Terminology to expand my options of schools I could apply. I think taking classes while working in a hospital helped show schools that I am actively working towards PA school and helped me get an interview. However, I was accepted to MUSC that doesn't require Biochemistry. Do you think I will be required to report my grade anyways? My final is tomorrow and am getting anxious!

Got my rejection email this morning.  Sigh.

Oh well, I knew it was a long shot at best.  I'll follow my plan, finish my pre-reqs, and hopefully be able to accumulate ~500 hours or more by the time the application cycle starts again :)

Did your email say that you were no longer being considered or that you were an alternate for admission?

Received my rejection letter today, the letter stated "As a point of reference, average math/science, prerequisite, and cumulative GPAs from applicants invited for interviews this admission cycle are as follows: Math/Science: 3.84; Prerequisite: 3.90 ; Cumulative: 3.73."

This is a little outrageous considering that the average gpa for the current class of medical students at MUSC is 3.60. Oh well, congratualtions to everyone who was accepted!

@emilycolli yes you will have to report the scores.

@futurepa41 my class and the class below me at MUSC PA had average gpas in that range you gave. it's ridiculously competitive...BUT all of you on the wait list..DON'T LOSE HOPE! There is a decent group from my class and I think the class below too that were on the wait list! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm waiting too in hopes of getting off the wait list! It seems from viewing last years thread that a couple people found out the same day in Feb. I think it was. They probably wait for quite a few to drop before they meet and make decisions on the next group of acceptances. I still wonder how many people are on the wait list.. I really think it was everyone else who didn't get an acceptance ????.

Archived