Interview Invites/ Application Cycle 2014

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, no prob PA!!! You know, I didn't ever hear anyone ask that question (even thought we all wanted to ;)), therefore I never heard the answer to that question. I suppose we all desperately wanted to know but we just didn't want to press the issue :) I am just going on the precedent set by the interviewees that came before us, and it seemed like two Fridays after was when they heard. Alas, you are right, ~90% of us will not hear until Jan according to Dr. Wright...oh the agony!

This waiting is absolutely the worst! I also interviewed on 10/25.  They said approx. 2 weeks for early acceptance and everyone else would know by January.  However, with interviews on 11/1, 11/15 and make ups apparently, I doubt they've had time.  I didn't think my interview was amazing but I was holding out a little hope for early acceptance so that I could be put out of my misery. LOL

Agree, CorrineR that I was just too nervous to ask that question. I have also been thinking like VA PA Mom that with the interviews 'stacked' these last couple of weeks, there probably just has not been time and/or we will all be considered at once. Most of the first year students who led my group (B) said when they were accepted they heard in December

To those who have interviewed, what were the interview topics?  Was there specific medical knowledge needed to answer, or was it more general?  Thank you for your help.  I am asking for my girlfriend who is interviewing this weekend.  She is too nervous to get on here and ask.  Best of luck to all.

To those who have interviewed, what were the interview topics? Was there specific medical knowledge needed to answer, or was it more general? Thank you for your help. I am asking for my girlfriend who is interviewing this weekend. She is too nervous to get on here and ask. Best of luck to all.

There's this whole confidentiality agreement thing, none of us want to get rejected/in trouble for breaking that, but basically we can say there are 10 different mini interviews, all one on one for 5 minutes, some scenario, some opinion, some typical interview stuff. She's bound to feel uncomfortable about a few of the stations, but you can't really prepare other than what you've experienced in your lifetime.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss the interview since we all signed a confidentiality agreement. But I can say that you do not need any specific medical knowledge, everyone's life experiences are enough preparation for the questions asked. MMIs are all about evaluating your critical thinking and problem solving skillls. Just stay true to yourself and you will do great! Good luck!

Unfortunately we cannot discuss the interview since we all signed a confidentiality agreement. But I can say that you do not need any specific medical knowledge, everyone's life experiences are enough preparation for the questions asked. MMIs are all about evaluating your critical thinking and problem solving skillls. Just stay true to yourself and you will do great! Good luck!

Thank you!  That's what I was wondering.  I didn't want to know any specific questions, only if it required specific medical knowledge or background.   Thanks so much,

Thanks for letting me know about this forum Senorita Amanda Duffin! Hello all, I am a current first-year student here at GW. Congratulations to all who were invited for interviews, and to those who were early accepted. Thanks for maintaining the confidentiality of the interview process, and feel free to ask questions!

If you only "messed up" on one of the MMIs, then you did outstanding! Seriously, there was one in particular that I was sure I bombed on. Turns out that when I spoke to the interviewer after beginning the program, he disagreed and thought that I did just fine. You probably didn't do as bad as you think, and there were 59 other people that day who may have also messed up the same question. Good luck though, I hope you get into the program of your choice!

Archived