Interview Invites/ Application Cycle 2014

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I interviewed 11/1 and was just notified that I was waitlisted :(

I remember people at the interview saying there was a process for finding out where you are on the waitlist, anyone remember how to do that?

I know they don't pull from the waitlist very often, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. GW is my dream school.

For those that were waitlisted, we had a few students who were waitlisted class up with us. Some were even notified the week classes started. Not all students who were accepted to GWU will choose to come here, so there is always a chance that you will get accepted in. If you got accepted into other programs, congratulations and perhaps we will work alongside each other one day!

I spoke with a couple of waitlisted students who classed up with us. According to them, the program does not inform them of a "ranking" nor does it say how many waitlisted students there are. I imagine it is a very dynamic process, with people constantly deciding to matriculate here or at another program, including many of the waitlisted candidates. From what I've heard, GWU makes its decisions relatively early compared to other programs, so I sometimes accepted candidates will decline GWU's offer even after paying the down payment. I realize how vague this all sounds, sorry I can't give clearer guidance.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, Rachell! For those of us still waiting, do you happen to know where you were on the waitlist and willing to share?

Thank! From what I understand, the waitlist isn't ranked. The admissions committee reconvenes whenever they have an opening and choose from the remaining candidates. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Racell. And congrats again! But to other waitlisters out there, you can at least find out your relative position. I'm hoping that I get a call, too!

How do you find out your relative position? And how exactly do they tell you? Like what number you are?

Racell, were you a dual-degree candidate or just MHS?

Does anyone feel like sharing where they are on the waitlist? I was told middle. It's hard to gauge cause if there are only 10 on the list then I'm 5 people behind, but if there are 40 then I'm 20 people behind.

I have no idea how many people are on the waitlist, but maybe you can call to ask? Right now I am placed on the "high" list. When I called in a couple weeks ago, I was told that the waitlist has not budged yet. Also, I think they do not tell you the exact place because of the fluidity of the waitlist. For example there was someone on the "low" list who got in before someone who got into the "high" list looking at last year's forum. Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived