Interview Invites/ Application Cycle 2014

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Submitted CASPA/supplemental early July, received an "under review" status from GW end of july, invited for the 9/13 interview 8/15. Anyone dual PA/MPH degree?

JamBra0: I'm local. Northern VA area. Will be heading into the city the morning of!

Best of luck to everyone and see some of you on the 13th!

Hey everyone, I was in your shoes a year ago. I haven't had time to volunteer for helping on campus with interview days (fall semester is the hardest), but I can definitely try to answer questions anyone might have through this forum. I heard the interviews and tours today went really well despite the rain! Congrats on this amazing opportunity, and safe travels :)

Amanda
PA-S Candidate
GWU, Class of 2016

Thank you ProspectivePA! So you can't really do a lot to prepare for GW's interview, which I'm sure isn't great to hear haha. But with the MMIs you won't know what you will be talking about till you read the prompt. I would read what GW has to say about the MMIs on their website and then do some research into them as well, but you can't prepare really for the specific topics. I read "How to Ace Your Physician Assistant School Interview" and it helped more with the nerves than anything else, but I would probably still recommend it. It doesn't have example MMI questions but the example behavioral questions help with getting you thinking. If you interview elsewear it can be really helpful too! Other advice for GW I would say don't be overwhelmed by the number of people. There were like 60 people at my interview session but it was very organized. Try to have fun with the MMIs and be yourself! I also was really glad I stayed at the One Washington Circle hotel because being able to walk to the interview site in a couple minutes the morning of was great. Oh and I watched a youtube video somewhere about MMIs and they said that they want to know how you think, so think out loud and address all aspects of the question/prompt. Hope this helps and best of luck! 

Archived