Any hope yet if waitlisted?

I am currently waitlisted for a program that begins in the next couple of months.  I haven't heard anything and I'm wondering if any PA students been taken off waitlists for their PA class just months before the program begins? Thanks for any encouragement you may be able to provide.

Does the school rank the waitlist? If they do, you may be able to learn your spot in line.

And yes, there is always hope. Many people apply to multiple programs, and even pay deposits, only to be accepted elsewhere. People drop, sometimes very close to the start date. If in doubt, contact your program for more info.

• Administrator

There was a guy in my class who was notified two weeks before classes started that a seat had opened up for him.  He had some scrambling to do but he made it.

There are probably 1-2 like that in every PA class everywhere.  At the VERY last minute, people may have to turn down an offered seat, so the first person who says "Yes! I will ABSOLUTELY make that work!" will get the recently-vacated seat.

My best friend in class got picked off the waitlist 2 days before school started, as he was packing his car 1500 miles away to go to the police academy. He changed his plans on the fly and lived in a dorm for a few weeks until he could get an apartment.

It happens. Go with the flow, and good luck!

Anything can happen. Most years we draw one or two people from the wait list. A few rare years we have taken almost the whole list. The school probably can only be of limited help to you, because they have no way of knowing what applicants intend to do. Keep your fingers crossed and be ready to say yes in a hurry. If it doesn't not work out this year, make sure your materials are in as soon as possible for the new cycle. Good luck!

Archived